2 hurt when truck crashes on Route 981 in Loyalhanna Township
Two passengers were injured in a one-vehicle crash early Friday morning.
State police said Noah M. Berry, 21, of New Alexandria was speeding north on Route 981 shortly after 3 a.m. when he lost control of his 1997 Chevrolet Z71 pickup truck, struck and sheared a utility pole, and hit several pine trees.
Berry was not injured, according to state police. Andrew J. Ostrawski, 21, sustained moderate injuries and Kaitlyn M. Ostrawski, 24, sustained minor injuries, police said. Both are from Saltsburg.
Police said at least one passenger was treated at Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville. Andrew Ostrawski was not listed as a patient there Friday at noon.
Police continue to investigate the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Greensburg sues man, attorney over ‘frivolous’ case
- Slovenian Club in Claridge is marking 100th anniversary
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Derry Township residents voice concerns about mining company blast plans
- Westmoreland judge keeps Ligonier Borough planning commission intact
- Jeannette traffic stop leads to drug charges
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown