2 hurt when truck crashes on Route 981 in Loyalhanna Township
Two passengers were injured in a one-vehicle crash early Friday morning.
State police said Noah M. Berry, 21, of New Alexandria was speeding north on Route 981 shortly after 3 a.m. when he lost control of his 1997 Chevrolet Z71 pickup truck, struck and sheared a utility pole, and hit several pine trees.
Berry was not injured, according to state police. Andrew J. Ostrawski, 21, sustained moderate injuries and Kaitlyn M. Ostrawski, 24, sustained minor injuries, police said. Both are from Saltsburg.
Police said at least one passenger was treated at Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville. Andrew Ostrawski was not listed as a patient there Friday at noon.
Police continue to investigate the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Seton Hill won’t manage new apartment project for student housing in city
- Day care operator gets long sentence for neglect of children
- Write-in opens up mayoral race in Greensburg
- Juvenile status hearing, trial delayed in Franklin Regional stabbings
- North Huntingdon man injured, dog dies in house fire
- Southmoreland commencement scheduled for Friday evening
- Burglars strike 3 businesses in Hempfield plaza
- Volunteers pull weeds, clear debris from Hempfield’s neglected 14th Quartermaster monument
- Pair of zoning requests denied by Unity board
- Proposed Mt. Pleasant budget plan includes deficit, tax hike
- Tenant charged in fire that destroyed Latrobe apartment house