2 hurt when truck crashes on Route 981 in Loyalhanna Township
Two passengers were injured in a one-vehicle crash early Friday morning.
State police said Noah M. Berry, 21, of New Alexandria was speeding north on Route 981 shortly after 3 a.m. when he lost control of his 1997 Chevrolet Z71 pickup truck, struck and sheared a utility pole, and hit several pine trees.
Berry was not injured, according to state police. Andrew J. Ostrawski, 21, sustained moderate injuries and Kaitlyn M. Ostrawski, 24, sustained minor injuries, police said. Both are from Saltsburg.
Police said at least one passenger was treated at Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville. Andrew Ostrawski was not listed as a patient there Friday at noon.
Police continue to investigate the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- Walker: Latrobe gets ready to welcome Steelers back to camp
- Greensburg pawn shop aids in arrest of home repair scam suspect
- PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- Greensburg man charged with assaulting hospital guard
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Baggaley school principal seeks volunteers to build playground
- Westmoreland County gets the word out about drug problem
- Jeannette resident, 83, no longer teaches dance, still shows how it’s done