2 hurt when truck crashes on Route 981 in Loyalhanna Township
Two passengers were injured in a one-vehicle crash early Friday morning.
State police said Noah M. Berry, 21, of New Alexandria was speeding north on Route 981 shortly after 3 a.m. when he lost control of his 1997 Chevrolet Z71 pickup truck, struck and sheared a utility pole, and hit several pine trees.
Berry was not injured, according to state police. Andrew J. Ostrawski, 21, sustained moderate injuries and Kaitlyn M. Ostrawski, 24, sustained minor injuries, police said. Both are from Saltsburg.
Police said at least one passenger was treated at Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville. Andrew Ostrawski was not listed as a patient there Friday at noon.
Police continue to investigate the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Builder finds calling as chaplain at Westmoreland jail
- WCCC revises purchasing policy
- Scholarship fund at St. Vincent to honor Kennametal exec
- Water service restored in Derry after leaks
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’
- Westmoreland, Fayette groups open doors to share Thanksgiving meals
- Westmoreland, Fayette towns prepare to ring in holidays
- 20 charged in Western Pennsylvania drug crackdown
- New Stanton council hikes garbage fees to $13.65 per month
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- Westmoreland County warden wants X-ray machine to find drugs