2 hurt when truck crashes on Route 981 in Loyalhanna Township
Two passengers were injured in a one-vehicle crash early Friday morning.
State police said Noah M. Berry, 21, of New Alexandria was speeding north on Route 981 shortly after 3 a.m. when he lost control of his 1997 Chevrolet Z71 pickup truck, struck and sheared a utility pole, and hit several pine trees.
Berry was not injured, according to state police. Andrew J. Ostrawski, 21, sustained moderate injuries and Kaitlyn M. Ostrawski, 24, sustained minor injuries, police said. Both are from Saltsburg.
Police said at least one passenger was treated at Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville. Andrew Ostrawski was not listed as a patient there Friday at noon.
Police continue to investigate the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Youthful actors bring Disney classic ‘Tarzan’ to life at Geyer in Scottdale
- Hempfield bicyclist gets one last chance from Westmoreland County judge
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- Unity to decide July 9 on disputed gas station
- Purple Heart recipient Krinock to lead July Fourth parade in Latrobe
- State Supreme Court rejects latest Foxley Farm appeal in Ligonier Township dispute
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- Rival Westmoreland vape shops develop own specialties