2 hurt when truck crashes on Route 981 in Loyalhanna Township
Two passengers were injured in a one-vehicle crash early Friday morning.
State police said Noah M. Berry, 21, of New Alexandria was speeding north on Route 981 shortly after 3 a.m. when he lost control of his 1997 Chevrolet Z71 pickup truck, struck and sheared a utility pole, and hit several pine trees.
Berry was not injured, according to state police. Andrew J. Ostrawski, 21, sustained moderate injuries and Kaitlyn M. Ostrawski, 24, sustained minor injuries, police said. Both are from Saltsburg.
Police said at least one passenger was treated at Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville. Andrew Ostrawski was not listed as a patient there Friday at noon.
Police continue to investigate the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Convicted killer won’t be freed in 1973 double-murder of children
- Smithfield woman faces probation in insurance company theft
- Friends take to social media to recall Herminie teen
- Judge removes Zapotosky, Fayette County from civil rights suit
- Ex-kennel manager in Fayette County ordered to pay fines
- Westmoreland County to auction guns, vehicles
- MAX Environmental fined for ordinance violations
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Razing of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette within reach with $1M grant
- Wanted: Youngwood Borough Council member