Hutchinson fire department pickup truck hits tree
A Westmoreland County fire department's pickup truck was involved in a crash early Friday while responding to a call.
Chief Dennis Beckinger of the Hutchinson Volunteer Fire Department said two firefighters were in the 2010 Ford truck at 1:30 a.m. when it slid on gravel and struck a tree near the intersection of Apples Mill Road and Dairy Lane in Sewickley Township. The “quick attack” truck was responding to assist an ambulance call and will be “out of commission for awhile,” he said.
Both firefighters sustained minor injuries and are OK, Beckinger said. Damage to the truck appears to be mostly cosmetic, but the department is waiting for an assessment from its insurance company, he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Students learn outside at Westmoreland County’s Envirothon in Hempfield
- Youngwood residents take up cremation site fight
- Rostraver Airport receives federal grant to keep skies above runway clear
- DA wants to use pot evidence in Hempfield slaying trial
- Ordinance would increase parking fines in Hempfield
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Wyano woman accused of sex with 15-year-old boy
- Westmoreland County municipalities push to clean up litter, dumps
- Traveling amateur organists entertain fellow seniors with oldies music
- Land costs for New Stanton turnpike interchange project reach $4.2M
- ‘Doc Hope’ eases into retirement from West Newton veterinary clinic