Hutchinson fire department pickup truck hits tree
A Westmoreland County fire department's pickup truck was involved in a crash early Friday while responding to a call.
Chief Dennis Beckinger of the Hutchinson Volunteer Fire Department said two firefighters were in the 2010 Ford truck at 1:30 a.m. when it slid on gravel and struck a tree near the intersection of Apples Mill Road and Dairy Lane in Sewickley Township. The “quick attack” truck was responding to assist an ambulance call and will be “out of commission for awhile,” he said.
Both firefighters sustained minor injuries and are OK, Beckinger said. Damage to the truck appears to be mostly cosmetic, but the department is waiting for an assessment from its insurance company, he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- Westmoreland County Transit Authority to buy 12 minibuses
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Ligonier Valley YMCA marks start of 32,000-square-foot expansion
- Lineup released for Greensburg concert series
- Budget work ahead for Southmoreland School District
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- Westmoreland officials fear loss of impact fees
- Westmoreland deputies find drug suspect at Aliquippa halfway house
- WCCC plans 25% tuition increase for 2015-16
- Roots of Scottdale businesses run deep