Hutchinson fire department pickup truck hits tree
A Westmoreland County fire department's pickup truck was involved in a crash early Friday while responding to a call.
Chief Dennis Beckinger of the Hutchinson Volunteer Fire Department said two firefighters were in the 2010 Ford truck at 1:30 a.m. when it slid on gravel and struck a tree near the intersection of Apples Mill Road and Dairy Lane in Sewickley Township. The “quick attack” truck was responding to assist an ambulance call and will be “out of commission for awhile,” he said.
Both firefighters sustained minor injuries and are OK, Beckinger said. Damage to the truck appears to be mostly cosmetic, but the department is waiting for an assessment from its insurance company, he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- 2 accused of taking baby to New Kensington drug deal get probation
- ‘Murder on the Nile’ at Geyer this weekend
- Electricity deal eyed for Latrobe
- Brownsville pair allegedly embezzle from law firm
- New Year’s Eve sales set LCB record
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township
- Westmoreland County Prison visitation goes digital
- Veterans Court in session in Westmoreland for first time
- Youngwood officials to submit drawings to state agency that orders playground work stoppage
- PennDOT has to complete acquisition of 4 parcels, take down trees for New Stanton interchange on I-70