Rostraver man accused of threat against caseworker
A Rostraver man is accused of threatening to shoot a Westmoreland County caseworker at his home Saturday.
William Paul Bittner Sr., 32, is charged with aggravated assault and making terroristic threats, township police said.
According to a criminal complaint, a caseworker with the county Children and Youth Services was at the Wood Street home to conduct interviews about a reported sexual assault.
While the caseworker was trying to do the interviews, Bittner became upset and started yelling, police said. Bittner said, “If anyone comes to take my children, or continue to interview my children, they will get shot,” according to the complaint.
The caseworker said she felt threatened and called police. When officers arrived they took Bittner into custody.
Bittner was arraigned before District Judge Charles Christner on Sunday and is being held in Westmoreland County Prison on $250,000 bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Monessen lawyer disbarred by state disciplinary board
- Irwin Park ball field improvements could move forward
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- 40 years later, siblings of South Greensburg girl who disappeared still seek closure
- Institutionalized Westmoreland man, 2 others, file suit, claim lack of programs
- Re-enactor commits to pioneer lifestyle in Murrysville cabin
- Mt. Pleasant Guard unit may be deployed again
- Irwin’s Lamp Theatre reopens
- Indiana County school employee allegedly showed 2 students an inappropriate photo
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive