Rostraver man accused of threat against caseworker
A Rostraver man is accused of threatening to shoot a Westmoreland County caseworker at his home Saturday.
William Paul Bittner Sr., 32, is charged with aggravated assault and making terroristic threats, township police said.
According to a criminal complaint, a caseworker with the county Children and Youth Services was at the Wood Street home to conduct interviews about a reported sexual assault.
While the caseworker was trying to do the interviews, Bittner became upset and started yelling, police said. Bittner said, “If anyone comes to take my children, or continue to interview my children, they will get shot,” according to the complaint.
The caseworker said she felt threatened and called police. When officers arrived they took Bittner into custody.
Bittner was arraigned before District Judge Charles Christner on Sunday and is being held in Westmoreland County Prison on $250,000 bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield man dies in single-vehicle accident
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Murrysville woman apologizes for scholarship fund theft
- Donors’ generosity allows Clairview School girls to get fancy for prom
- Seton Hill student tells how Pa. Gov. Wolf’s tax plan will hurt her
- Police seek public help with East Huntingdon store thefts
- Hempfield bicyclist who brought rock, knives into court office charged
- Jeannette police say 5 people caught trespassing on grounds
- 2 charged with copper theft from Greensburg house
- Mistaken identity leads to drug bust at Westmoreland County Courthouse
- $3.5M glass sculpture’s story begins, ends in rural community of Dunbar