Rostraver man accused of threat against caseworker
A Rostraver man is accused of threatening to shoot a Westmoreland County caseworker at his home Saturday.
William Paul Bittner Sr., 32, is charged with aggravated assault and making terroristic threats, township police said.
According to a criminal complaint, a caseworker with the county Children and Youth Services was at the Wood Street home to conduct interviews about a reported sexual assault.
While the caseworker was trying to do the interviews, Bittner became upset and started yelling, police said. Bittner said, “If anyone comes to take my children, or continue to interview my children, they will get shot,” according to the complaint.
The caseworker said she felt threatened and called police. When officers arrived they took Bittner into custody.
Bittner was arraigned before District Judge Charles Christner on Sunday and is being held in Westmoreland County Prison on $250,000 bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- WCCC plans 25% tuition increase for 2015-16
- Dog found shot dead in cardboard box in Derry Township
- Westmoreland drug task force plans fundraising efforts
- Westmoreland judge offers Court in the Classroom
- WCCC delays new building opening until fall
- Loyalhanna mother appeals conviction in beating of 3-month-old daughter
- Rostraver woman with cancer, family raise thousands for fighting disease
- Police searching for man who pulled over high school student in Export
- Geneva College student died of heart-related natural causes, coroner says