Rostraver man accused of threat against caseworker
A Rostraver man is accused of threatening to shoot a Westmoreland County caseworker at his home Saturday.
William Paul Bittner Sr., 32, is charged with aggravated assault and making terroristic threats, township police said.
According to a criminal complaint, a caseworker with the county Children and Youth Services was at the Wood Street home to conduct interviews about a reported sexual assault.
While the caseworker was trying to do the interviews, Bittner became upset and started yelling, police said. Bittner said, “If anyone comes to take my children, or continue to interview my children, they will get shot,” according to the complaint.
The caseworker said she felt threatened and called police. When officers arrived they took Bittner into custody.
Bittner was arraigned before District Judge Charles Christner on Sunday and is being held in Westmoreland County Prison on $250,000 bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Derry man jailed in scuffle with police
- Seat in 32nd District deemed crucial for Pennsylvania Senate control
- Latrobe police officer sues councilman, city for slander
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Education issues highlight 57th House District race
- Hempfield Hunt Club gets waiver to speed construction in New Stanton
- North Huntingdon commissioners fill vacant board seat