Unity man killed while removing deer from roadway
A Unity man who was removing a deer from a roadway Friday evening was killed when he was struck by a car.
Westmoreland County Coroner Kenneth Bacha identified the victim as James A. Armstrong, 65, of Dearborn Road.
According to Bacha, Armstrong was removing a deer from the intersection of Frye Farm and East High Acres roads when he was struck by a vehicle traveling east on Frye Farm Road.
Deputy coroners Joshua C. Zappone and Doug Lewis investigated the incident and pronounced Armstrong dead at the scene at 7:12 p.m.
Bacha did not identify the driver of the vehicle.
Cyril H. Wecht and Associates will conduct an autopsy, which is scheduled for Saturday, Bacha said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man snatches purse behind mall
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- Greensburg pawn shop aids in arrest of home repair scam suspect
- PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield
- Walker: Latrobe gets ready to welcome Steelers back to camp
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Baggaley school principal seeks volunteers to build playground
- Sex offender takes 30- to 60-year plea deal for assaults in Greensburg
- Greensburg man charged with assaulting hospital guard