Westmoreland commissioners make appointments
Westmoreland County commissioners on Thursday filled two slots on the Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County board of directors.
Commissioners reappointed Jerome DeFabo to a third five-year term. Dr. Jawdat Nikoula of Greensburg was chosen serve the remaining two years of the term of Keith Staso, who resigned from the five-member board last month.
Staso was appointed Thursday to serve as a county representative on the Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission, a regional planning body that oversees regional transportation efforts.
Commissioners Charles Anderson and Tyler Courtney also reappointed former county commissioner Tom Ceraso and Murrysville Mayor Bob Brooks to the board.
Anderson and Courtney also serve as the county's representatives on the commission.
Commissioner Ted Kopas voted against the commission appointments.
“Historically all three commissioners serve on the board,” Kopas said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Latrobe police officer sues councilman, city for slander
- Injuries reported in accident in Mt. Pleasant Township