Westmoreland commissioners make appointments
Westmoreland County commissioners on Thursday filled two slots on the Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County board of directors.
Commissioners reappointed Jerome DeFabo to a third five-year term. Dr. Jawdat Nikoula of Greensburg was chosen serve the remaining two years of the term of Keith Staso, who resigned from the five-member board last month.
Staso was appointed Thursday to serve as a county representative on the Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission, a regional planning body that oversees regional transportation efforts.
Commissioners Charles Anderson and Tyler Courtney also reappointed former county commissioner Tom Ceraso and Murrysville Mayor Bob Brooks to the board.
Anderson and Courtney also serve as the county's representatives on the commission.
Commissioner Ted Kopas voted against the commission appointments.
“Historically all three commissioners serve on the board,” Kopas said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Jeannette traffic stop leads to drug charges
- Greensburg woman faces theft, drug charges
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- New Stanton rejects road work bids