Westmoreland commissioners make appointments
Westmoreland County commissioners on Thursday filled two slots on the Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County board of directors.
Commissioners reappointed Jerome DeFabo to a third five-year term. Dr. Jawdat Nikoula of Greensburg was chosen serve the remaining two years of the term of Keith Staso, who resigned from the five-member board last month.
Staso was appointed Thursday to serve as a county representative on the Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission, a regional planning body that oversees regional transportation efforts.
Commissioners Charles Anderson and Tyler Courtney also reappointed former county commissioner Tom Ceraso and Murrysville Mayor Bob Brooks to the board.
Anderson and Courtney also serve as the county's representatives on the commission.
Commissioner Ted Kopas voted against the commission appointments.
“Historically all three commissioners serve on the board,” Kopas said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Charges advance for men accused in police scuffle at Fort Ligonier Days
- Arnold man’s molestation conviction upheld
- Hempfield man receives long-overdue Bronze Star for World War II service
- Longtime Greensburg District Judge Albert will seek fifth term
- Walker: Still time to recycle live Christmas trees in Scottdale
- Coal truck, another hauling beer crash on Route 22
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought; alleged accomplice arrested
- Westmoreland County adds 5 caseworker positions as child abuse cases increase
- Electricity deal eyed for Latrobe
- Hempfield votes to fill public works job with interim director Cisco
- Ligonier planners recommend approval of restaurant proposal