Westmoreland commissioners make appointments
Westmoreland County commissioners on Thursday filled two slots on the Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County board of directors.
Commissioners reappointed Jerome DeFabo to a third five-year term. Dr. Jawdat Nikoula of Greensburg was chosen serve the remaining two years of the term of Keith Staso, who resigned from the five-member board last month.
Staso was appointed Thursday to serve as a county representative on the Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission, a regional planning body that oversees regional transportation efforts.
Commissioners Charles Anderson and Tyler Courtney also reappointed former county commissioner Tom Ceraso and Murrysville Mayor Bob Brooks to the board.
Anderson and Courtney also serve as the county's representatives on the commission.
Commissioner Ted Kopas voted against the commission appointments.
“Historically all three commissioners serve on the board,” Kopas said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Youthful actors bring Disney classic ‘Tarzan’ to life at Geyer in Scottdale
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- Independence Day events for Westmoreland County
- Hempfield bicyclist gets one last chance from Westmoreland County judge
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- Purple Heart recipient Krinock to lead July Fourth parade in Latrobe
- State Supreme Court rejects latest Foxley Farm appeal in Ligonier Township dispute
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Group takes veterans, seniors in WWII-era planes at Unity airport