3 injured in Hempfield crash on Route 119
By Nicole Chynoweth
Published: Thursday, Jan. 16, 2014, 12:01 a.m.
Three people were taken to a local hospital from a two-vehicle collision on Wednesday afternoon that slowed traffic for about 45 minutes near the intersection of Route 119 and Willow Crossing Road in Hempfield.
A woman and two children were taken to Excela Westmoreland Hospital with undisclosed injuries after the crash that occurred about 12:15 p.m., according to Midway-St. Clair Volunteer Fire Department Chief Rich Kepple.
Kepple said the crash occurred as the woman's vehicle, headed south on Route 119, and another vehicle, driven by a male, collided. Kepple said he was not sure in what direction the man's vehicle was traveling.
The collision caused the woman's Kia Rio5 to cross into the northbound lane and roll over. He said the woman was trapped in the vehicle, but the children were able to escape.
He said the male driver of the other vehicle was not injured.
The cause of the collision was not clear, Kepple said.
The identities and ages of the drivers and passengers were not available.
Nicole Chynoweth is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-850-2862 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- 4 Franklin Regional students remain hospitalized for stab wounds
- Youngwood woman charged with selling heroin in Greensburg hospital
- Failed inspection could make Jeannette flood-control project more costly
- Westmoreland County shared ride program sees drop in usage
- Scottdale center to host tribute to singing legends
- Mt. Pleasant to save with energy-efficient lighting
- Norvelt man’s art on display at Seton Hill University’s gallery
- Juvenile prisoners present issues for jails
- None injured when car strikes school bus in Derry Township
- Lt. governor to speak at Westmoreland County GOP’s Reagan dinner