3 injured in Hempfield crash on Route 119
Three people were taken to a local hospital from a two-vehicle collision on Wednesday afternoon that slowed traffic for about 45 minutes near the intersection of Route 119 and Willow Crossing Road in Hempfield.
A woman and two children were taken to Excela Westmoreland Hospital with undisclosed injuries after the crash that occurred about 12:15 p.m., according to Midway-St. Clair Volunteer Fire Department Chief Rich Kepple.
Kepple said the crash occurred as the woman's vehicle, headed south on Route 119, and another vehicle, driven by a male, collided. Kepple said he was not sure in what direction the man's vehicle was traveling.
The collision caused the woman's Kia Rio5 to cross into the northbound lane and roll over. He said the woman was trapped in the vehicle, but the children were able to escape.
He said the male driver of the other vehicle was not injured.
The cause of the collision was not clear, Kepple said.
The identities and ages of the drivers and passengers were not available.
Nicole Chynoweth is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-850-2862 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Penn-Trafford student put on house arrest for drug sales
- Greensburg driver charged after ATV struck on rail tracks
- One-day lane restrictions set on Route 30 in North Huntingdon
- Greensburg seeks holiday parade marchers
- Line painting planned in Penn Township
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- Unity rally aims to counter negativity of KKK message in ’97
- Attorney: Indiana County suspect not fit for trial in fatal Derry shooting
- House 58th District seat candidates focus on education, taxes
- Second phase of Westmoreland Airpark in Unity opens
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire