3 injured in Hempfield crash on Route 119
Three people were taken to a local hospital from a two-vehicle collision on Wednesday afternoon that slowed traffic for about 45 minutes near the intersection of Route 119 and Willow Crossing Road in Hempfield.
A woman and two children were taken to Excela Westmoreland Hospital with undisclosed injuries after the crash that occurred about 12:15 p.m., according to Midway-St. Clair Volunteer Fire Department Chief Rich Kepple.
Kepple said the crash occurred as the woman's vehicle, headed south on Route 119, and another vehicle, driven by a male, collided. Kepple said he was not sure in what direction the man's vehicle was traveling.
The collision caused the woman's Kia Rio5 to cross into the northbound lane and roll over. He said the woman was trapped in the vehicle, but the children were able to escape.
He said the male driver of the other vehicle was not injured.
The cause of the collision was not clear, Kepple said.
The identities and ages of the drivers and passengers were not available.
Nicole Chynoweth is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-850-2862 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled
- Westmoreland couple charged with having heroin, marijuana
- New Stanton considers contracting for police
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash
- Hempfield man hurt in tractor accident
- Applications to open next week for holiday food baskets, toys
- Westmoreland County commissioner candidates meet up for first debate
- Former Mich. lawmaker uses D.C. trip to lobby for veterans health care
- Woman testifies about alleged sex assault in Arnold
- New Florence assistant fire chief suspended in midst of arrest on sexual assault charges
- 3 charged in Norfolk Southern safety device theft