North Huntingdon man jailed in child-porn case
A 43-year-old North Huntingdon man is accused of downloading child pornography on his personal computer.
Michael T. Ulrich of 1461 Guffey Road is charged with two counts of sexual abuse of children for allegedly downloading videos of underage children engaging in sexual acts and one count of criminal use of a communication facility.
Troopers with the Southwest Pennsylvania Computer Crime Task Force investigated the alleged illegal computer activity that took place between Dec. 19 and Jan. 16, according to the affidavit of probable cause filed with North Huntingdon District Judge Douglas Weimer.
Ulrich's hearing is scheduled for Feb. 6 before Weimer.
He was jailed this week in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Other officers with the task force arrested a Chartiers Township man in Washington County whose computer was seized late last year.
Brandon M. Weiss, 32, of Meadow Lands was arraigned on Thursday before District Judge David Mark of Canonsburg on charges of dissemination of child pornography and possession of child pornography filed by a task force member with North Strabane police, according to online court documents.
He was released on $75,000 recognizance bond pending a preliminary hearing on Feb. 5, court records show.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 9 miles of roads to be paved in Hempfield
- Tenant charged in fire that destroyed Latrobe apartment house
- Vandals ruin Ligonier Township farmers’ garden
- Southmoreland commencement scheduled for Friday evening
- Ligonier Township K-9 officer home to recover from deadly collision
- Ex-Delmont man found dead in Florida
- Pair of zoning requests denied by Unity board
- Westmoreland County Community College trustees approve $38M preliminary budget
- Westmoreland jail warden pushes for full-body scanner to find drugs, contraband
- Westmoreland County Transit Authority to consider raising bus fare rate for paratransit participants
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics