North Huntingdon man jailed in child-porn case
A 43-year-old North Huntingdon man is accused of downloading child pornography on his personal computer.
Michael T. Ulrich of 1461 Guffey Road is charged with two counts of sexual abuse of children for allegedly downloading videos of underage children engaging in sexual acts and one count of criminal use of a communication facility.
Troopers with the Southwest Pennsylvania Computer Crime Task Force investigated the alleged illegal computer activity that took place between Dec. 19 and Jan. 16, according to the affidavit of probable cause filed with North Huntingdon District Judge Douglas Weimer.
Ulrich's hearing is scheduled for Feb. 6 before Weimer.
He was jailed this week in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Other officers with the task force arrested a Chartiers Township man in Washington County whose computer was seized late last year.
Brandon M. Weiss, 32, of Meadow Lands was arraigned on Thursday before District Judge David Mark of Canonsburg on charges of dissemination of child pornography and possession of child pornography filed by a task force member with North Strabane police, according to online court documents.
He was released on $75,000 recognizance bond pending a preliminary hearing on Feb. 5, court records show.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule
- Woman sought in robbery in Unity
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Mt. Pleasant Armory to deliver Thanksgiving dinner
- Students learn risks of digital lives at middle school presentation in Hempfield
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Bank told to maintain Hempfield cemetery