North Huntingdon man jailed in child-porn case
A 43-year-old North Huntingdon man is accused of downloading child pornography on his personal computer.
Michael T. Ulrich of 1461 Guffey Road is charged with two counts of sexual abuse of children for allegedly downloading videos of underage children engaging in sexual acts and one count of criminal use of a communication facility.
Troopers with the Southwest Pennsylvania Computer Crime Task Force investigated the alleged illegal computer activity that took place between Dec. 19 and Jan. 16, according to the affidavit of probable cause filed with North Huntingdon District Judge Douglas Weimer.
Ulrich's hearing is scheduled for Feb. 6 before Weimer.
He was jailed this week in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Other officers with the task force arrested a Chartiers Township man in Washington County whose computer was seized late last year.
Brandon M. Weiss, 32, of Meadow Lands was arraigned on Thursday before District Judge David Mark of Canonsburg on charges of dissemination of child pornography and possession of child pornography filed by a task force member with North Strabane police, according to online court documents.
He was released on $75,000 recognizance bond pending a preliminary hearing on Feb. 5, court records show.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WCCC delays new building opening until fall
- Police searching for man who pulled over high school student in Export
- Seder in Greensburg looks beyond Jewish community
- Rostraver woman with cancer, family raise thousands for fighting disease
- Unity to consider plan for Speedway station for third time
- Greensburg police officer Zulisky to run for district judge
- Geneva College student died of heart-related natural causes, coroner says
- Fayette prosecutors face challenge in refiling cold-case murder charges against Mt. Pleasant man
- Flight from traffic stop in Murrysville leads to drug-related charges for Ambridge man
- Greater Latrobe board tweaks school calendar
- Slaying suspect Smarr of McKeesport charged with robbery of another man