Firefighters reported injured in North Huntingdon house fire
Two firefighters were reported injured Monday night, after responding to a house fire in North Huntingdon.
Westmoreland County 911 confirmed the fire about 8:40 p.m. Monday at 240 Cherry Lane, in the township's Hartford Heights area.
A Westmoreland City Volunteer Fire Department spokesman said the residents were safely evacuated from the home.
North Irwin, Larimer, Straw Pump, Westmoreland City and Circleville fire departments were called in to assist Hartford Heights VFD in battling the fire.
Township police requested people stay clear of the area off Route 30 near Meineke Muffler.
While the fire at the single-story, ranch-style home was reportedly knocked down by 9:30 p.m., crews additionally worked to extinguish a car fire in the garage.
Family members who sought temporary refuge with a neighbor declined to comment.
Firefighters remained on the scene late Monday.
Further information, including what may have sparked the blaze, was not immediately available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 3 injured in 2-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield
- Ligonier planners recommend approval of restaurant proposal
- Derry Township auto shop owner finds theft suspect hiding inside
- Arnold man’s molestation conviction upheld
- Onetime head of Pagans motorcycle club, Hempfield resident appeals drug conviction
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought; alleged accomplice arrested
- Longtime Greensburg District Judge Albert will seek fifth term
- Unity man to appear in ‘Broken Skull Challenge’ reality TV competition
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench
- Rustic Ridge Mine permit request criticized
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender