Firefighters reported injured in North Huntingdon house fire
Two firefighters were reported injured Monday night, after responding to a house fire in North Huntingdon.
Westmoreland County 911 confirmed the fire about 8:40 p.m. Monday at 240 Cherry Lane, in the township's Hartford Heights area.
A Westmoreland City Volunteer Fire Department spokesman said the residents were safely evacuated from the home.
North Irwin, Larimer, Straw Pump, Westmoreland City and Circleville fire departments were called in to assist Hartford Heights VFD in battling the fire.
Township police requested people stay clear of the area off Route 30 near Meineke Muffler.
While the fire at the single-story, ranch-style home was reportedly knocked down by 9:30 p.m., crews additionally worked to extinguish a car fire in the garage.
Family members who sought temporary refuge with a neighbor declined to comment.
Firefighters remained on the scene late Monday.
Further information, including what may have sparked the blaze, was not immediately available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Future stars welcome at Stage Right! camp in Greensburg
- Yarn brigade envelops South Greensburg
- Penn Township teen allegedly drunk at time of police chase, crash
- More charges filed against Derry Township man who allegedly held woman at knifepoint
- Ethics panel: It’s OK for Westmoreland commissioner to do business with municipalities
- YouTube campaign by Latrobe 4-year-old aids Alzheimer’s Association
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Father, son killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Penn Township man seeking gun permit accused of bringing heroin to courthouse
- Friends of Homeless Felines marks 10 years in Scottdale
- Sewickley Township man got food stamps, $206K in gas well royalties, investigators say