Fire reported at Cheese House in Derry Township
Firefighters battled a blaze at the Cheese House along Route 22 in Derry Township late Sunday night, according to a Westmoreland County emergency dispatcher.
The fire was reported just before 11 p.m., the dispatcher said. The business is located on the 9000 block of Route 22 eastbound.
Further information was not available late Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Student violinist,Valley School of Ligonier reach settlement
- Tenaska agrees to provide pollution information on proposed South Huntingdon plant
- Study shows Ligonier Borough might save if police consolidate
- Rostraver man pleads guilty in 2012 deadly wreck on I-70
- Greensburg torture slaying participant Marinucci makes second appeal of sentence as unconstitutional
- Free training sessions to administer naloxone opiod antidote to begin in Derry
- Unity planners recommend OK of church plans
- Man wields knife in convenience store robbery near Herminie
- Honored Westmoreland youth counselor sought in theft of money from clients
- Derry Township sponsors hazardous-waste drop
- ‘Music in the Mountains’ gets under way this weekend in Ohiopyle