Southwest Greensburg reaches pact with tax collector
Southwest Greensburg Council has reached an agreement for use of the borough office by the tax collector.
Corry Sheffler, tax collector and borough manager, will pay the borough $900 yearly to use 243 square feet, according to minutes from Wednesday's council meeting.
In another matter, council hired Rick Crise as recreation director, subject to a background check. Crise will receive $2,500 annually.
He succeeds Jim Heater, who has been recreation director since 2006.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland officials fear loss of impact fees
- Budget work ahead for Southmoreland School District
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- Westmoreland drug task force plans fundraising efforts
- Lineup released for Greensburg concert series
- Technology, teaching style set district apart, Mt. Pleasant Area administrators say
- Dog found shot dead in cardboard box in Derry Township
- Southmoreland School District focused on growing population, boosting achievement among students
- Ex-Hempfield vet clinic worker charged in theft of $269K
- Police searching for man who pulled over high school student in Export