Southwest Greensburg reaches pact with tax collector
Southwest Greensburg Council has reached an agreement for use of the borough office by the tax collector.
Corry Sheffler, tax collector and borough manager, will pay the borough $900 yearly to use 243 square feet, according to minutes from Wednesday's council meeting.
In another matter, council hired Rick Crise as recreation director, subject to a background check. Crise will receive $2,500 annually.
He succeeds Jim Heater, who has been recreation director since 2006.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Second phase of Westmoreland Airpark in Unity opens
- Unity rally aims to counter negativity of KKK message in ’97
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- House 58th District seat candidates focus on education, taxes
- Attorney: Indiana County suspect not fit for trial in fatal Derry shooting
- Pittsburgh man pleads guilty in Monessen shooting
- Trick-or-treat in Mt. Pleasant set for Sunday
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral