Southwest Greensburg reaches pact with tax collector
Southwest Greensburg Council has reached an agreement for use of the borough office by the tax collector.
Corry Sheffler, tax collector and borough manager, will pay the borough $900 yearly to use 243 square feet, according to minutes from Wednesday's council meeting.
In another matter, council hired Rick Crise as recreation director, subject to a background check. Crise will receive $2,500 annually.
He succeeds Jim Heater, who has been recreation director since 2006.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench
- Braddock man held for trial in Jeannette assault, robbery
- Three injured in two-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield
- New Alexandria tree trimmer pleads guilty to fraud
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought, alleged accomplice arrested
- Woman pays $178 fine for Westmoreland courthouse conduct
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident