Truck carrying blasting caps catches fire
Traffic on Route 119 in East Huntingdon Friday afternoon was stopped in both directions when a pickup truck carrying blasting caps caught fire. Normal traffic flow resumed after the fire was quickly extinguished.
East Huntingdon volunteer firefighter Josh Brinker said the fire was contained to the engine compartment. The blasting caps were located in the truck bed, Brinker said.
Brinker said traffic in both directions of travel was stopped for about 20 minutes until the fire could be put out.
No injuries were reported from the 4 p.m. incident.
Brinker said he did not know the identity of the truck driver. State police at Greensburg did not release information as of Friday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Scholarship fund at St. Vincent to honor Kennametal exec
- Homewood man faces drug charges after chase in Trafford
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show