Truck carrying blasting caps catches fire
Traffic on Route 119 in East Huntingdon Friday afternoon was stopped in both directions when a pickup truck carrying blasting caps caught fire. Normal traffic flow resumed after the fire was quickly extinguished.
East Huntingdon volunteer firefighter Josh Brinker said the fire was contained to the engine compartment. The blasting caps were located in the truck bed, Brinker said.
Brinker said traffic in both directions of travel was stopped for about 20 minutes until the fire could be put out.
No injuries were reported from the 4 p.m. incident.
Brinker said he did not know the identity of the truck driver. State police at Greensburg did not release information as of Friday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled
- Westmoreland couple charged with having heroin, marijuana
- 3 charged in Norfolk Southern safety device theft
- New Stanton considers contracting for police
- Derry Township terminates Eastern Derry VFD relief fund
- New Florence assistant fire chief suspended in midst of arrest on sexual assault charges
- Latrobe infant found in filth, police say
- Truck headed for Yukon landfill spills content
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- Ligonier council approves design changes to Diamond
- Woman testifies about alleged sex assault in Arnold