Mt. Pleasant man accused of assaulting 5-year-old girl
Indecent assault charges have been filed against a Mt. Pleasant man who is accused of inappropriately touching a 5-year-old girl.
Jeffrey Allan May, 47, of 320 Spruce St. was charged with indecent assault and endangering the welfare of children before District Judge Helen M. Kistler on Feb. 6.
According to an affidavit of probable cause, the girl's mother told Mt. Pleasant Police that her daughter was rubbing her private area after she returned to her home on Oct. 2, 2013. May had been baby-sitting the girl that day.
When the mother questioned the child about her actions, the girl indicated May was rubbing her in that area.
On Oct. 18, May was interviewed by police and stated he never touched the girl in any appropriate way. When asked by police if he was interested in taking a voice stress test, May stated he would.
However, on Oct. 21, police were told by May that his attorney advised him not to take the voice stress test and to not talk to the police any longer.
Police were advised by a Children and Youth Services worker that during a forensic interview with the girl, she said May had placed his hands inside her underwear and inappropriately rubbed her in her private area and that had occurred every time May would baby-sit her and when nobody else was present, according to the complaint.
A preliminary hearing for May has been scheduled before District Judge Roger Eckels at 10:15 a.m. March 6. May is free on $10,000 bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at station
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Greensburg police captain to attend highly selective academy
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show