Bullskin fire destroys garage, truck
Garage destroyedin morning fire
A garage at 508 East End Road in Bullskin and the truck inside it were destroyed in a Sunday morning fire, officials said.
The garage was engulfed when firefighters arrived on scene about 11:15 a.m., said Bullskin Assistant Fire Chief Kyle Quinn.
The owner had been working on a truck inside the garage and sparked the fire, he said.
The man was able to escape the garage unharmed.
No adjacent buildings were damaged, Quinn said.
State Patty's Day arrests drop by 47%
State College police say arrests were down by about half during the unofficial Penn State drinking holiday known as State Patty's Day.
For the second year in a row, the school paid bars to stay closed, with 34 of 35 accepting $2,500 to $7,500 — depending on their occupancy — to do so.
State Patty's Day began in 2007 when St. Patrick's Day fell on spring break. The holiday no longer coincides with the break, so students now celebrate on the first Saturday of the break.
State College police were still compiling statistics on Sunday but said arrests were down 47 percent from last year between noon Friday and 8 a.m. Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sale of former SCI Greensburg prison to advance despite lawmakers’ objections
- Police claim woman stabbed husband at their Jeannette business
- Fast-growing Americans for Prosperity opens location in Greensburg
- Mt. Pleasant Business District Authority picks officers
- $7.6M buyout at Hempfield prison site clouds sale
- Excela center proposal worries residents of Hempfield neighborhood
- Court in the Classroom program provides insight for Norwin High School students
- Ligonier Township planners offer suggested changes to zoning proposal
- Blaze rips through Salem house
- Jeannette teen, charged with killing another, took ‘selfie’ with body, court papers say
- Latrobe police to form DUI task force