Bullskin fire destroys garage, truck
Garage destroyedin morning fire
A garage at 508 East End Road in Bullskin and the truck inside it were destroyed in a Sunday morning fire, officials said.
The garage was engulfed when firefighters arrived on scene about 11:15 a.m., said Bullskin Assistant Fire Chief Kyle Quinn.
The owner had been working on a truck inside the garage and sparked the fire, he said.
The man was able to escape the garage unharmed.
No adjacent buildings were damaged, Quinn said.
State Patty's Day arrests drop by 47%
State College police say arrests were down by about half during the unofficial Penn State drinking holiday known as State Patty's Day.
For the second year in a row, the school paid bars to stay closed, with 34 of 35 accepting $2,500 to $7,500 — depending on their occupancy — to do so.
State Patty's Day began in 2007 when St. Patrick's Day fell on spring break. The holiday no longer coincides with the break, so students now celebrate on the first Saturday of the break.
State College police were still compiling statistics on Sunday but said arrests were down 47 percent from last year between noon Friday and 8 a.m. Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Greater Latrobe outsources more computer work, touted to save $60K
- Palmer assistant honored with Latrobe service award