Bullskin fire destroys garage, truck
Garage destroyedin morning fire
A garage at 508 East End Road in Bullskin and the truck inside it were destroyed in a Sunday morning fire, officials said.
The garage was engulfed when firefighters arrived on scene about 11:15 a.m., said Bullskin Assistant Fire Chief Kyle Quinn.
The owner had been working on a truck inside the garage and sparked the fire, he said.
The man was able to escape the garage unharmed.
No adjacent buildings were damaged, Quinn said.
State Patty's Day arrests drop by 47%
State College police say arrests were down by about half during the unofficial Penn State drinking holiday known as State Patty's Day.
For the second year in a row, the school paid bars to stay closed, with 34 of 35 accepting $2,500 to $7,500 — depending on their occupancy — to do so.
State Patty's Day began in 2007 when St. Patrick's Day fell on spring break. The holiday no longer coincides with the break, so students now celebrate on the first Saturday of the break.
State College police were still compiling statistics on Sunday but said arrests were down 47 percent from last year between noon Friday and 8 a.m. Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Woman sought in robbery in Unity
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- Westmoreland jail guard accused of selling illegal steroids
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule
- Allegheny Township man to serve at least 24 years for molesting 3 children
- Mt. Pleasant Armory to deliver Thanksgiving dinner