Bullskin fire destroys garage, truck
Garage destroyedin morning fire
A garage at 508 East End Road in Bullskin and the truck inside it were destroyed in a Sunday morning fire, officials said.
The garage was engulfed when firefighters arrived on scene about 11:15 a.m., said Bullskin Assistant Fire Chief Kyle Quinn.
The owner had been working on a truck inside the garage and sparked the fire, he said.
The man was able to escape the garage unharmed.
No adjacent buildings were damaged, Quinn said.
State Patty's Day arrests drop by 47%
State College police say arrests were down by about half during the unofficial Penn State drinking holiday known as State Patty's Day.
For the second year in a row, the school paid bars to stay closed, with 34 of 35 accepting $2,500 to $7,500 — depending on their occupancy — to do so.
State Patty's Day began in 2007 when St. Patrick's Day fell on spring break. The holiday no longer coincides with the break, so students now celebrate on the first Saturday of the break.
State College police were still compiling statistics on Sunday but said arrests were down 47 percent from last year between noon Friday and 8 a.m. Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Re-enactor commits to pioneer lifestyle in Murrysville cabin
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- 40 years later, siblings of South Greensburg girl who disappeared still seek closure
- 3 institutionalized Westmoreland men file suit, claim lack of programs
- Latrobe City Council OKs sale of Old Athletic Field for new elementary school
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- Greensburg streetlights to be updated, save city $90K
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices
- 2 Greensburg properties left on demo list