Bullet grazes woman's leg in Mt. Pleasant Township
A 44-year-old man was arrested for allegedly firing a shot from a handgun, grazing a woman's leg, during a domestic quarrel in Mt. Pleasant Township late Monday.
William F. Morrison Jr. was arraigned on Tuesday on charges of aggravated assault, simple assault, reckless endangerment and harassment filed by state Trooper John Zalich in response to the incident at an apartment on Clay Avenue about 11 p.m.
Police said Morrison has no known address but has lived in Arnold and Mt. Pleasant Township.
The woman told police she and Morrison quarrelled Monday afternoon and he left before returning about 10 p.m. Morrison left again and went to a nearby residence, where, the woman said, she heard a gunshot. She learned Morrison had fired a shot into the air, police said.
When Morrison returned, he and the woman began quarrelling again, and he threatened her with a small-caliber handgun with a pink handle that he pulled from his waistband, police said.
Zalich said the pair continued arguing until a woman the alleged victim didn't know arrived to pick up Morrison.
As Morrison was leaving, he pulled out the handgun again and fired at the victim, “grazing her on the left upper leg area,” the trooper said.
“The victim said Morrison walked out of the house but returned a short time later and checked on the victim and said, ‘I just grazed you, put some peroxide on it,' and he left again,” Zalich wrote in the affidavit of probable cause.
Police said the alleged victim's two children were asleep upstairs when the shooting occurred.
Troopers found Morrison Tuesday afternoon. He was arraigned before Norvelt District Judge Roger Eckels and ordered held in the county prison. having failed to post $100,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for March 27.
Paul Peirce is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-850-2860 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- Allegheny Township man to serve at least 24 years for molesting 3 children
- Westmoreland jail guard accused of selling illegal steroids
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule
- Bank told to maintain Hempfield cemetery
- West Newton will consider temporary road after train accident cut off neighborhood
- No hike in tentative Scottdale budget
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- West Newton man sentenced for 6 robberies
- Builder finds calling as chaplain at Westmoreland jail