Hempfield woman dies in car crash in North Huntingdon
Authorities have identified the person who was killed Friday in a two-vehicle accident on Route 30 in North Huntingdon.
Judith I. Huntsberger, 74, of Hempfield died from blunt-force trauma in the accident shortly before 4:30 p.m. near North Thompson Lane, according to the Westmoreland County Coroner's office.
Huntsberger was traveling west on Route 30 when she crossed over the center line for an unknown reason, authorities said. Her Buick LeSabre then collided head-on with another vehicle.
She was taken to Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital in Greensburg and was pronounced dead at 5:17 p.m. by an emergency room physician, the coroner's office said.
Huntsberger was not wearing a seat belt, authorities said.
An autopsy will not be performed.
The identity and condition of the other driver were not immediately available.
North Huntingdon police are investigating the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Chemical mix sickens two from South Greensburg
- Franklin Regional security guard fighting to get job back
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Jeannette traffic stop leads to drug charges