6-year-old alleged victim of sexual assaults in Hempfield
State police are investigating reports that a 6-year-old boy was the victim of repeated sexual assaults at a home along Wakefield Street in Hempfield between June 2013 and Feb. 4 of this year.
The alleged assaults stopped when the child was removed from the residence by officials from Westmoreland County Children and Youth Services, police said.
Police are investigating the case along with the Westmoreland County District Attorney's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fire at Flight 93 National Memorial hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- Route 217 bridge across Loyalhanna Creek reopens early
- Southwest Greensburg man died of injuries in accident in Bell
- Missing Southwest Greensburg man found dead at crash site in Bell
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Redstone gets $90K grant for safety upgrade
- Physicist found joy in family, friends, work, wine
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County upgrades emergency communications plan
- Former Penn-Trafford student put on house arrest for drug sales