Pitcairn man killed in Hempfield crash early Sunday
A Pitcairn man was killed in a single-vehicle crash in Hempfield early Sunday.
Brandon A. Turner, 22, died of blunt-force injuries to the chest, according to Westmoreland County coroner Kenneth A. Bacha. Turner was traveling alone, and speed is believed to be a factor in the accident.
State police in Greensburg said his Dodge Avenger was traveling west on Route 136, and drove head-on into an embankment at the intersection with Millersdale Road at about 12:30 a.m.
Turner was wearing a seatbelt and his air bags deployed. An autopsy will not be performed. Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks.
Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Pearce Funeral Home in Pitcairn.
John D. Oravecz is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7882 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- Lineup released for Greensburg concert series
- Westmoreland County Transit Authority to buy 12 minibuses
- Westmoreland officials fear loss of impact fees
- Ligonier Valley YMCA marks start of 32,000-square-foot expansion
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- PennDOT presents plan for Route 31 in Donegal area
- Companies bank on business from Laurel Highlands visitors
- Budget work ahead for Southmoreland School District
- Geneva College student died of heart-related natural causes, coroner says
- Fayette prosecutors face challenge in refiling cold-case murder charges against Mt. Pleasant man