Pitcairn man killed in Hempfield crash early Sunday
A Pitcairn man was killed in a single-vehicle crash in Hempfield early Sunday.
Brandon A. Turner, 22, died of blunt-force injuries to the chest, according to Westmoreland County coroner Kenneth A. Bacha. Turner was traveling alone, and speed is believed to be a factor in the accident.
State police in Greensburg said his Dodge Avenger was traveling west on Route 136, and drove head-on into an embankment at the intersection with Millersdale Road at about 12:30 a.m.
Turner was wearing a seatbelt and his air bags deployed. An autopsy will not be performed. Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks.
Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Pearce Funeral Home in Pitcairn.
John D. Oravecz is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7882 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Witnesses recount Franklin Regional stabbing
- Greensburg still fighting waterlogged Lynch Field, may add drainage
- H&M to open in Westmoreland Mall
- Dining at Applebee’s helps Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Former Hempfield Area director makes guest appearance at University of Alabama
- Trio of concerts to mark Greensburg’s holiday season
- Bill to name interchange for fallen Youngwood firefighter advances
- Hempfield property tax addition pushed as township’s fire departments struggle
- Youngwood officials defend rules for rentals
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County, Youngwood discuss sewage system sale
- Greensburg rally spotlights plight of homeless