Pitcairn man killed in Hempfield crash early Sunday
A Pitcairn man was killed in a single-vehicle crash in Hempfield early Sunday.
Brandon A. Turner, 22, died of blunt-force injuries to the chest, according to Westmoreland County coroner Kenneth A. Bacha. Turner was traveling alone, and speed is believed to be a factor in the accident.
State police in Greensburg said his Dodge Avenger was traveling west on Route 136, and drove head-on into an embankment at the intersection with Millersdale Road at about 12:30 a.m.
Turner was wearing a seatbelt and his air bags deployed. An autopsy will not be performed. Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks.
Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Pearce Funeral Home in Pitcairn.
John D. Oravecz is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Southmoreland student injured in school assault
- Gluten-Free Living Support Group meetings in Mt. Pleasant open to all
- Podlucky mansion in Ligonier Township will go to sheriff’s sale
- New York fuel cell company to add another plant in Mt. Pleasant Township
- North Huntingdon man struck by car, killed near Yough High School
- Police investigate Hempfield fight
- Judge: Former Latrobe man can proceed with civil rights action
- Reinstated Delmont officer claims he’s isn’t being allowed to go back on patrol
- 40-year-old Latrobe woman used boy, 13, for sex, drugs, police say
- Crash closes part of Route 30 in Unity
- Greensburg’s century-old YMCA reopens after makeover