Pitcairn man killed in Hempfield crash early Sunday
A Pitcairn man was killed in a single-vehicle crash in Hempfield early Sunday.
Brandon A. Turner, 22, died of blunt-force injuries to the chest, according to Westmoreland County coroner Kenneth A. Bacha. Turner was traveling alone, and speed is believed to be a factor in the accident.
State police in Greensburg said his Dodge Avenger was traveling west on Route 136, and drove head-on into an embankment at the intersection with Millersdale Road at about 12:30 a.m.
Turner was wearing a seatbelt and his air bags deployed. An autopsy will not be performed. Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks.
Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Pearce Funeral Home in Pitcairn.
John D. Oravecz is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7882 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Water service restored in Derry after break
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- News Alert
- Westmoreland, Fayette groups open doors to share Thanksgiving meals
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’
- Psychologist’s compassion buoyed students, friends
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- 20 charged in Western Pennsylvania drug crackdown
- Westmoreland, Fayette towns prepare to ring in holidays
- Bank seeks to foreclose on Eastern Derry Twp. VFD
- Woman to stand trial in Jeannette tot’s death