Pitcairn man killed in Hempfield crash early Sunday
A Pitcairn man was killed in a single-vehicle crash in Hempfield early Sunday.
Brandon A. Turner, 22, died of blunt-force injuries to the chest, according to Westmoreland County coroner Kenneth A. Bacha. Turner was traveling alone, and speed is believed to be a factor in the accident.
State police in Greensburg said his Dodge Avenger was traveling west on Route 136, and drove head-on into an embankment at the intersection with Millersdale Road at about 12:30 a.m.
Turner was wearing a seatbelt and his air bags deployed. An autopsy will not be performed. Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks.
Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Pearce Funeral Home in Pitcairn.
John D. Oravecz is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Route 22 in Delmont open after tractor-trailer crash at cloverleaf
- St. Vincent professor, students use interviews for drug addiction data
- Mt Pleasant police officer assaulted while making arrest
- Hempfield Area balances budget with 1.79-mill tax increase
- Mt. Pleasant Borough’s ‘Party in the Park’ to be held Friday, July 3
- Hempfield dentist-turned-missionary-turned-author offers advice for youths
- Route 119 ramp to Route 819 to be closed in July
- Hempfield man pleads guilty in crime spree in North Huntingdon, Jeannette, Unity
- Fire extinguished at Smithton commercial building
- Derry Area hikes taxes, promotes assistant superintendent
- Former Mt. Pleasant sex offender to stay behind bars while wife hunts for home