Pitcairn man killed in Hempfield crash early Sunday
A Pitcairn man was killed in a single-vehicle crash in Hempfield early Sunday.
Brandon A. Turner, 22, died of blunt-force injuries to the chest, according to Westmoreland County coroner Kenneth A. Bacha. Turner was traveling alone, and speed is believed to be a factor in the accident.
State police in Greensburg said his Dodge Avenger was traveling west on Route 136, and drove head-on into an embankment at the intersection with Millersdale Road at about 12:30 a.m.
Turner was wearing a seatbelt and his air bags deployed. An autopsy will not be performed. Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks.
Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Pearce Funeral Home in Pitcairn.
John D. Oravecz is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Latrobe ear-biting suspect loses bid for reduced bail
- Westmoreland County tourism grants promote banana splits, breweries, trolley, railroad
- Request for documents delays Speedway hearing in Unity
- Youngwood aims to reduce amount that ends up in sewage treatment facility
- Laurel Mountain Ski Resort discusses planned revival
- Donora-Monessen bridge ramps to stay open during construction
- Ligonier doctor’s appeal to practice rejected
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- Foreign clergy mitigate shortage of priests in Diocese of Greensburg
- Forbes: Night at the Races planned at sportsmen’s club
- Dog found shot dead in cardboard box in Derry Township