Pitcairn man killed in Hempfield crash early Sunday
A Pitcairn man was killed in a single-vehicle crash in Hempfield early Sunday.
Brandon A. Turner, 22, died of blunt-force injuries to the chest, according to Westmoreland County coroner Kenneth A. Bacha. Turner was traveling alone, and speed is believed to be a factor in the accident.
State police in Greensburg said his Dodge Avenger was traveling west on Route 136, and drove head-on into an embankment at the intersection with Millersdale Road at about 12:30 a.m.
Turner was wearing a seatbelt and his air bags deployed. An autopsy will not be performed. Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks.
Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Pearce Funeral Home in Pitcairn.
John D. Oravecz is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Police claim woman stabbed husband at their Jeannette business
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- ‘Pink Out’ game to memorialize St. Vincent College basketball player’s late mother
- Westmoreland County Park Police: Man tried to enter courthouse with gun
- Jeannette teen, charged with killing another, took ‘selfie’ with body, court papers say
- Ex-server at Penn Township restaurant forged tips, police say
- Unity lawyer to vie for Westmoreland County judgeship
- Excela center proposal worries residents of Hempfield neighborhood
- Court in the Classroom program provides insight for Norwin High School students
- Westmoreland leaders form workforce forum to help young people qualify for careers
- PennDOT meeting to review changes to I-70 interchange at New Stanton