Pitcairn man killed in Hempfield crash early Sunday
A Pitcairn man was killed in a single-vehicle crash in Hempfield early Sunday.
Brandon A. Turner, 22, died of blunt-force injuries to the chest, according to Westmoreland County coroner Kenneth A. Bacha. Turner was traveling alone, and speed is believed to be a factor in the accident.
State police in Greensburg said his Dodge Avenger was traveling west on Route 136, and drove head-on into an embankment at the intersection with Millersdale Road at about 12:30 a.m.
Turner was wearing a seatbelt and his air bags deployed. An autopsy will not be performed. Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks.
Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Pearce Funeral Home in Pitcairn.
John D. Oravecz is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Pitt presents Web resource to combat OD deaths
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- Franklin Regional security guard fighting to get job back
- Restitution closes chapter for New Stanton mother