Pitcairn man killed in Hempfield crash early Sunday
A Pitcairn man was killed in a single-vehicle crash in Hempfield early Sunday.
Brandon A. Turner, 22, died of blunt-force injuries to the chest, according to Westmoreland County coroner Kenneth A. Bacha. Turner was traveling alone, and speed is believed to be a factor in the accident.
State police in Greensburg said his Dodge Avenger was traveling west on Route 136, and drove head-on into an embankment at the intersection with Millersdale Road at about 12:30 a.m.
Turner was wearing a seatbelt and his air bags deployed. An autopsy will not be performed. Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks.
Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Pearce Funeral Home in Pitcairn.
John D. Oravecz is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled
- 3 charged in Norfolk Southern safety device theft
- Westmoreland couple charged with having heroin, marijuana
- New Stanton considers contracting for police
- Truck headed for Yukon landfill spills content
- New Florence assistant fire chief suspended in midst of arrest on sexual assault charges
- Derry Township terminates Eastern Derry VFD relief fund
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- Medical center ‘monstrosity’ near end in Jeannette
- Officials criticize West Newton code enforcement officer