Police: Child luring report in Hempfield was false
A reported child luring attempt in Hempfield on March 22 turned out to be false, state police said Tuesday.
Police identified the man involved in the incident and learned that he initiated a conversation with a 9-year-old girl about the safe operation of her bike along Nicholas Lane in Green Hills Trailer Court.
The man told police he didn't exit his vehicle or attempt to lure the girl.
She told police that the man had an ice cream cone, exited the vehicle and attempted to grab her arm.
In a later interview, police said, it was determined the girl “incorrectly” recalled the chain of events.
No charges are expected.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Puppies’ eyes glued shut, South Huntingdon animal shelter says
- Keystone Bakery closes Greensburg store
- Excela, Pitt-Greensburg team on legacy videos for those in twilight of lives
- Harrold Middle School students hit new high with food drive
- Greensburg still fighting waterlogged Lynch Field, may add drainage
- Dining at Applebee’s helps Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Mt. Pleasant plan has no call for tax increase
- Mt. Pleasant Guard unit may be deployed again
- H&M to open in Westmoreland Mall
- Witnesses recount Franklin Regional stabbing
- Sounds of Christmas coming to Fay-West region