Police: Child luring report in Hempfield was false
A reported child luring attempt in Hempfield on March 22 turned out to be false, state police said Tuesday.
Police identified the man involved in the incident and learned that he initiated a conversation with a 9-year-old girl about the safe operation of her bike along Nicholas Lane in Green Hills Trailer Court.
The man told police he didn't exit his vehicle or attempt to lure the girl.
She told police that the man had an ice cream cone, exited the vehicle and attempted to grab her arm.
In a later interview, police said, it was determined the girl “incorrectly” recalled the chain of events.
No charges are expected.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ligonier Valley YMCA marks start of 32,000-square-foot expansion
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Budget work ahead for Southmoreland School District
- Geneva College student died of heart-related natural causes, coroner says
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- Westmoreland drug task force plans fundraising efforts
- Lineup released for Greensburg concert series
- Technology, teaching style set district apart, Mt. Pleasant Area administrators say
- Change in air in Mt. Pleasant, with residents citing flourishing business district, ease of access to hospital
- Suspected drug dealers arrested by Westmoreland County task force
- Westmoreland officials fear loss of impact fees