Police: Child luring report in Hempfield was false
A reported child luring attempt in Hempfield on March 22 turned out to be false, state police said Tuesday.
Police identified the man involved in the incident and learned that he initiated a conversation with a 9-year-old girl about the safe operation of her bike along Nicholas Lane in Green Hills Trailer Court.
The man told police he didn't exit his vehicle or attempt to lure the girl.
She told police that the man had an ice cream cone, exited the vehicle and attempted to grab her arm.
In a later interview, police said, it was determined the girl “incorrectly” recalled the chain of events.
No charges are expected.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet
- Attorney seeks dismissal of charge in Salem wreck that killed mother, unborn child
- Police: Jeannette woman tried to steal family’s safe
- No relief in sight for Westmoreland transit passengers
- Greensburg artist follows unusual path to creative career
- Thousands attend Mt. Pleasant Glass and Ethnic Festival
- Hribal will be transferred to Allegheny County psychiatric facility
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after Derry Twp. crash
- Greensburg man charged with sharing child pornography
- 3 confirmed cases of MRSA in Ligonier school district