Police: Child luring report in Hempfield was false
A reported child luring attempt in Hempfield on March 22 turned out to be false, state police said Tuesday.
Police identified the man involved in the incident and learned that he initiated a conversation with a 9-year-old girl about the safe operation of her bike along Nicholas Lane in Green Hills Trailer Court.
The man told police he didn't exit his vehicle or attempt to lure the girl.
She told police that the man had an ice cream cone, exited the vehicle and attempted to grab her arm.
In a later interview, police said, it was determined the girl “incorrectly” recalled the chain of events.
No charges are expected.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Vandalism, diesel fuel theft don’t stop Greater Latrobe opening
- Latrobe law firm’s secretary pleads guilty to income tax evasion
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- Greater Latrobe-Laurel Valley Community Chamber of Commerce to honor Arnie’s pal ‘Doc’
- Trio holds up Penn couple at gunpoint in home