Man charged after elderly women assaulted
An Allegheny County man shoved an elderly woman at an Excela Health System facility in Greensburg, breaking her hip and wrist, according to court papers.
An arrest warrant has been issued for James Andrew Uhlmann, 24, of Bethel Park on charges of aggravated assault, simple assault and harassment by Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Uhlmann pushed the woman around 3:30 p.m. on March 22 at the Behavioral Health Services building on North Spring Avenue, Greensburg police said.
A witness told police the woman, who is in her 80s, was with a relative when Uhlmann shut a door to the dining room.
The woman then attempted to open the door, and Uhlmann pushed her to the ground, according to a police affidavit. Staff then intervened.
She was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sewickley Township fraud case reopens old wound for New Stanton woman
- Latrobe woman charged in deadly standoff claims coercion
- Ex-cop from Irwin gets jail for drug sales while posing as officer
- Judge OKs Jeannette Glass sale
- Separate trials sought in fatal Murrysville DUI
- Greensburg man sentenced for heroin sales
- Police caution residents after Murrysville vehicle break-ins
- Slide stabilization project delayed in Hempfield
- Yarn brigade envelops South Greensburg
- Penn Township teen allegedly drunk at time of police chase, crash
- Father, son killed in East Huntingdon crash