Police: Woman admits to assault with skillet
A Greensburg woman smacked a male friend in the face with a frying pan because he bought another woman a drink, according to court documents.
Doris Anne Long, 54, walked up to a police officer on Depot Street around midnight Saturday and confessed to hitting her friend with the skillet, authorities said.
“‘Take me to jail,'” Long added, according to officers.
A few seconds earlier, police spotted the boyfriend walking up Depot Street, his face bloody.
He declined their help, but said he had fallen in the alley and was walking to Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital in Greensburg for treatment, officers said.
Denning said Long told him she hit him after he bought a drink at a bar for another woman earlier.
The boyfriend was treated and released from Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital and refused to answer questions about the matter, police said.
Long, who is charged with aggravated assault, is free on $25,000 bond and faces a preliminary on Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances
- Latrobe man who admitted role in fatal crash allowed to continue driving
- Sewickley Township man got food stamps, $206K in gas well royalties, investigators say
- Sunoco wants to rebuild station in Greensburg
- Murrysville man draws on experiences in starting SAT prep academy
- Arnold man sentenced for armed robbery
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Geyer helps revive Scottdale theater that bears family name
- Man snatches purse behind Westmoreland Mall
- Baggaley school principal seeks volunteers to build playground
- PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield