Police: Woman admits to assault with skillet
A Greensburg woman smacked a male friend in the face with a frying pan because he bought another woman a drink, according to court documents.
Doris Anne Long, 54, walked up to a police officer on Depot Street around midnight Saturday and confessed to hitting her friend with the skillet, authorities said.
“‘Take me to jail,'” Long added, according to officers.
A few seconds earlier, police spotted the boyfriend walking up Depot Street, his face bloody.
He declined their help, but said he had fallen in the alley and was walking to Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital in Greensburg for treatment, officers said.
Denning said Long told him she hit him after he bought a drink at a bar for another woman earlier.
The boyfriend was treated and released from Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital and refused to answer questions about the matter, police said.
Long, who is charged with aggravated assault, is free on $25,000 bond and faces a preliminary on Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Jeannette traffic stop leads to drug charges
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Chemical mix sickens two from South Greensburg