Yough probes knife incident on school bus
Police are investigating an incident on Thursday during which two juveniles allegedly took a knife to Yough Intermediate Middle School and used it to cut a seat on a school bus.
Dr. Janet Sardon, superintendent of Yough School District, said on Saturday that the incident occurred during the students' trip home from school and school officials were notified the next morning.
No students were threatened with the knife, Sardon said. School policy will be followed in taking disciplinary action against the students, she said.
Police said charges will be filed against the two in Westmoreland County Juvenile Court.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Budget work ahead for Southmoreland School District
- Dog found shot dead in cardboard box in Derry Township
- Ligonier Valley YMCA marks start of 32,000-square-foot expansion
- Lineup released for Greensburg concert series
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- Unity man’s bar pays homage to Latrobe’s Rolling Rock
- Arnold man admits to stealing former football star’s identity
- Westmoreland officials fear loss of impact fees
- Seder in Greensburg looks beyond Jewish community
- Ex-Hempfield vet clinic worker charged in theft of $269K
- Fayette prosecutors face challenge in refiling cold-case murder charges against Mt. Pleasant man