Yough probes knife incident on school bus
Police are investigating an incident on Thursday during which two juveniles allegedly took a knife to Yough Intermediate Middle School and used it to cut a seat on a school bus.
Dr. Janet Sardon, superintendent of Yough School District, said on Saturday that the incident occurred during the students' trip home from school and school officials were notified the next morning.
No students were threatened with the knife, Sardon said. School policy will be followed in taking disciplinary action against the students, she said.
Police said charges will be filed against the two in Westmoreland County Juvenile Court.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette man arrested in city shooting
- First Commonwealth prepares for relocation in downtown Greensburg
- Last option for former Jeannette Glass site: Pa. Supreme Court
- Hole in North Huntingdon dance studio believed to be from car crash
- $200K grant will go toward demolition at Monsour Medical site
- McKeesport man ordered to trial in New Stanton hotel homicide
- Hempfield joins county land bank
- Hempfield library programs at risk as funds dip
- Police identify Acme man who died after crash
- Historic Irwin theater expected to reopen in August, board member says
- Traffic detour lifted