Yough probes knife incident on school bus
Police are investigating an incident on Thursday during which two juveniles allegedly took a knife to Yough Intermediate Middle School and used it to cut a seat on a school bus.
Dr. Janet Sardon, superintendent of Yough School District, said on Saturday that the incident occurred during the students' trip home from school and school officials were notified the next morning.
No students were threatened with the knife, Sardon said. School policy will be followed in taking disciplinary action against the students, she said.
Police said charges will be filed against the two in Westmoreland County Juvenile Court.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- News Alert
- Some Derry residents still without water
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’
- Psychologist’s compassion buoyed students, friends
- Jeannette couple honored by AARP for tireless community service
- Westmoreland, Fayette groups open doors to share Thanksgiving meals
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- Westmoreland, Fayette towns prepare to ring in holidays
- Woman to stand trial in Jeannette tot’s death
- Students learn risks of digital lives at middle school presentation in Hempfield