Easter egg hunt planned at Norvelt field
There will be an Easter egg hunt 1 p.m. Saturday at the Norvelt track walking field in Mt. Pleasant Township. Everyone is welcome.
• Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum is sponsoring a Glass and Arts Carnival on the museum grounds from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 17. The museum is seeking glass collectors, glass manufacturers, glass clubs, antique dealers, writers, artists and other glass and art-elated persons. Information tables are welcome; tables are $20 for vendors and $10 for non-selling information tables. Vendors must book and pay by May 10. Vendors may share two vendors per table. Clubs may have four people for the $20 and $5 for each additional person selling at the table. Vendors must provide their own tables, no more than 8 foot long, chairs and shade. Setup will be an hour before and cleanup after. Electricity will not be provided.
• Herbalicious will hold its annual gluten-free buffet 6 p.m. May 7 at Nino's Restaurant, Route 31, Mt. Pleasant. The menu will include tossed salad, Herbalicious Italian bread, Asiago polenta, beans and greens, pasta with meat sauce, chicken piccante, vanilla ice cream with Herbalicious brownie bites and a beverage. Cost is $26 per person. Those guests who are not gluten-free can order off the regular menu. For more information and to make reservations, call Herbalicious at 724-542-9745 by May 2.
• If you would like to spend a day at the Gettysburg National Park, the West Overton Village & Museums is sponsoring a day trip for June 18. The trip will consist of a two-hour guided battlefield tour, the cyclorama, the museum and more. The ticket price of $60 includes the bus trip, light breakfast, buffet lunch and box dinner. All reservations must be made by June 2. For reservations, call 724-887-7910 or visit the website at www.westovertonvillage.org.
• There will be Night at the Races 7 p.m. April 26 at the Kosciuszko Club, hosted by the Cameron's Angels Relay for Life team. Doors for the event will open at 5:30 p.m. Cost will be $10. For more information, call 724-547-6317.
The Mt. Pleasant Ministerium is holding Lenten services every Wednesday through Lent and also on Good Friday. All services begin at noon and will be held at the Mt. Pleasant Church of God fellowship hall. There will also be a light lunch offered. Freewill offerings will be accepted.
• If you are a resident of Mt. Pleasant Township, your monthly recycling date will be the first Thursday of a full week of each month. If you do not have a container from your recycling company, use any container you have but please mark it as recyclable. Township residents are to put their recycle containers at the end of their driveways or in the location they put their trash when it is collected. For a full schedule of recycle information and other township information, visit www.mtpleasanttwp.com.
• Next recycling days in Mt. Pleasant Borough will be April 28 and 29.
To submit an item for this column, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A big Happy Easter to everyone! May you all enjoy the holiday and may you all have a safe and happy weekend!
Marilyn Forbes is a Mt. Pleasant resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Hempfield train crash search called off; no evidence found
- ‘Dope sick’ man in custody in Mt. Pleasant stick-up
- Online donors help Hempfield teen whose wallet was stolen
- Numerous Westmoreland communities to observe Memorial Day
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- Arnold man could get resisting arrest charge dismissed
- Jeannette’s fire department runs big overtime bills
- Mt. Pleasant Borough discusses high grass dilemma
- Youngwood veteran officially joins the Class of 1945
- Svetkovich ready to battle incumbent Silvis for Hempfield Township supervisor
- Close races mark bids for Ligonier Valley School Board seats