Easter egg hunt planned at Norvelt field
There will be an Easter egg hunt 1 p.m. Saturday at the Norvelt track walking field in Mt. Pleasant Township. Everyone is welcome.
• Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum is sponsoring a Glass and Arts Carnival on the museum grounds from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 17. The museum is seeking glass collectors, glass manufacturers, glass clubs, antique dealers, writers, artists and other glass and art-elated persons. Information tables are welcome; tables are $20 for vendors and $10 for non-selling information tables. Vendors must book and pay by May 10. Vendors may share two vendors per table. Clubs may have four people for the $20 and $5 for each additional person selling at the table. Vendors must provide their own tables, no more than 8 foot long, chairs and shade. Setup will be an hour before and cleanup after. Electricity will not be provided.
• Herbalicious will hold its annual gluten-free buffet 6 p.m. May 7 at Nino's Restaurant, Route 31, Mt. Pleasant. The menu will include tossed salad, Herbalicious Italian bread, Asiago polenta, beans and greens, pasta with meat sauce, chicken piccante, vanilla ice cream with Herbalicious brownie bites and a beverage. Cost is $26 per person. Those guests who are not gluten-free can order off the regular menu. For more information and to make reservations, call Herbalicious at 724-542-9745 by May 2.
• If you would like to spend a day at the Gettysburg National Park, the West Overton Village & Museums is sponsoring a day trip for June 18. The trip will consist of a two-hour guided battlefield tour, the cyclorama, the museum and more. The ticket price of $60 includes the bus trip, light breakfast, buffet lunch and box dinner. All reservations must be made by June 2. For reservations, call 724-887-7910 or visit the website at www.westovertonvillage.org.
• There will be Night at the Races 7 p.m. April 26 at the Kosciuszko Club, hosted by the Cameron's Angels Relay for Life team. Doors for the event will open at 5:30 p.m. Cost will be $10. For more information, call 724-547-6317.
The Mt. Pleasant Ministerium is holding Lenten services every Wednesday through Lent and also on Good Friday. All services begin at noon and will be held at the Mt. Pleasant Church of God fellowship hall. There will also be a light lunch offered. Freewill offerings will be accepted.
• If you are a resident of Mt. Pleasant Township, your monthly recycling date will be the first Thursday of a full week of each month. If you do not have a container from your recycling company, use any container you have but please mark it as recyclable. Township residents are to put their recycle containers at the end of their driveways or in the location they put their trash when it is collected. For a full schedule of recycle information and other township information, visit www.mtpleasanttwp.com.
• Next recycling days in Mt. Pleasant Borough will be April 28 and 29.
To submit an item for this column, email email@example.com.
A big Happy Easter to everyone! May you all enjoy the holiday and may you all have a safe and happy weekend!
Marilyn Forbes is a Mt. Pleasant resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Woman sought in robbery in Unity
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Allegheny Township man to serve at least 24 years for molesting 3 children
- Police: Woman tried to start fire at neighbor’s house in Derry Township
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule