None injured when car strikes school bus in Derry Township
No serious injuries were reported when a car and school bus headed to a Derry Area School District elementary school collided this morning in Derry Township.
Westmoreland County Emergency Management Dispatch reports said the school bus loaded with students was headed to Grandview Elementary School when it was struck by a car along Greenfield Drive about 9:05 a.m.
State police in Greensburg are investigating but no details were available.
Emergency medical service personnel responded.
Derry Area School District notified parents via text message that a school nurse was also sent to the scene to check out students conditions. The accident reportedly involved bus number 14, according to the school's text message.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Jeannette traffic stop leads to drug charges
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Latrobe law firm’s secretary pleads guilty to income tax evasion
- Golf outing a fitting tribute