None injured when car strikes school bus in Derry Township
No serious injuries were reported when a car and school bus headed to a Derry Area School District elementary school collided this morning in Derry Township.
Westmoreland County Emergency Management Dispatch reports said the school bus loaded with students was headed to Grandview Elementary School when it was struck by a car along Greenfield Drive about 9:05 a.m.
State police in Greensburg are investigating but no details were available.
Emergency medical service personnel responded.
Derry Area School District notified parents via text message that a school nurse was also sent to the scene to check out students conditions. The accident reportedly involved bus number 14, according to the school's text message.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Woman sought in robbery in Unity
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- West Newton will consider temporary road after train accident cut off neighborhood
- Students learn risks of digital lives at middle school presentation in Hempfield
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Bank told to maintain Hempfield cemetery
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule