None injured when car strikes school bus in Derry Township
No serious injuries were reported when a car and school bus headed to a Derry Area School District elementary school collided this morning in Derry Township.
Westmoreland County Emergency Management Dispatch reports said the school bus loaded with students was headed to Grandview Elementary School when it was struck by a car along Greenfield Drive about 9:05 a.m.
State police in Greensburg are investigating but no details were available.
Emergency medical service personnel responded.
Derry Area School District notified parents via text message that a school nurse was also sent to the scene to check out students conditions. The accident reportedly involved bus number 14, according to the school's text message.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Survey finds no clear fix to achieving racial diversity in Westmoreland County
- Derry Township man killed when ATV flips
- Record-holding female motorcyclist to speak at Lincoln Highway event
- Renovations a go on historic La Rose building in downtown Greensburg
- Prison becomes detox center for growing number of inmates with addictions
- Hempfield prison film canceled because of Pa. budget impasse
- Westmoreland County Animal Response Team seeks money for new space
- Excela Health has plan in works for orthopedic medical mall in Hempfield
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after hitting deer in Derry
- 10-year-old Blairsville violinist’s expulsion over knife challenged
- North Carolina man sent nude photo to 8-year-old girl in Grapeville, police say