None injured when car strikes school bus in Derry Township
No serious injuries were reported when a car and school bus headed to a Derry Area School District elementary school collided this morning in Derry Township.
Westmoreland County Emergency Management Dispatch reports said the school bus loaded with students was headed to Grandview Elementary School when it was struck by a car along Greenfield Drive about 9:05 a.m.
State police in Greensburg are investigating but no details were available.
Emergency medical service personnel responded.
Derry Area School District notified parents via text message that a school nurse was also sent to the scene to check out students conditions. The accident reportedly involved bus number 14, according to the school's text message.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Heroin, marijuana found in car, driver arrested
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion
- Blairsville man killed in single-vehicle crash in Derry
- Greensburg native runs unique catering service in California
- Tax fight brews among Southwest Greensburg business owners, landlords
- Work planned for Route 711 in Ligonier
- Kecksburg celebrates its UFO history with annual festival
- Heroin suspect out of Westmoreland County jail on $100K bond
- Motorcyclist injured in Sewickley Township
- Police: Scottdale man had child porn on computer
- Derry man gets 19-year prison sentence for recording sex assaults of girl