Registration underway for glass-cutting class
Call now to reserve your spot to make some cut glass with Peter O'Rourke at the Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum, Route 31 east, Mt. Pleasant.
O'Rouke will host two-hour demonstrations and then participants will be able to cut glass themselves, creating a small keepsake. Demonstrations will be held at 11 a.m. and again at 2 p.m. on May 10. Cost for the program is $15 each. The class is suitable for children. All reservations must be prepaid. Space is limited. For information, call the museum at 724-547-5929.
• Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum will present speaker Jay Hawkins from 7 to 9 p.m. May 15 at the museum. He will speak about bottles and bottle-making in the 19th century. A suggested donation of $3 will be accepted at the door.
• Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum is sponsoring a Glass and Arts Carnival on museum grounds from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 17. The museum is seeking glass collectors, glass manufacturers, glass clubs, antique dealers, writers, artists and other glass and art-related people. Information tables are welcome; tables are $20 for vendors and $10 for non-selling information tables. Vendors must book and pay by May 10. Vendors may share two vendors per table. Clubs may have four people for the $20 and $5 for each additional person selling at the table. Vendors must provide their own tables, no more than 8 foot long, chairs, and shade. Setup will be an hour before and cleanup after. Electricity will not be provided.
• The Armbrust Wesleyan Church in Armbrust will offer a free community meal every Wednesday, starting at 5:55 p.m. The meal is open to everyone in the area; community and families are welcome.
• The Friends of the Mt. Pleasant Library is offering a wonderful spring basket for raffle at the library. The basket includes such items as Pennsylvania Lottery tickets, a Pittsburgh Pirates gift card and more. Winning entry will be picked on May 15, so you have plenty of time to stop in for your chance.
• Herbalicious will hold its annual gluten-free buffet 6 p.m. May 7 at Nino's Restaurant, Route 31, Mt. Pleasant. The menu will include tossed salad, Herbalicious Italian bread, Asiago polenta, beans and greens, pasta with meat sauce, chicken piccante, vanilla ice cream with Herbalicious brownie bites and a beverage. Cost is $26 per person. Those guests who do not eat gluten-free can order off the regular menu. For more information and to make reservations, call Herbalicious at 724-542-9745 by Friday.
• If you would like to spend a day at the Gettysburg National Park, the West Overton Village and Museums is sponsoring a day trip for June 18. The day trip will consist of a two-hour guided battlefield tour, the cyclorama, the museum and more. The ticket price of $60 includes the bus trip, light breakfast, buffet lunch and box dinner. All reservations must be made by June 2; for reservations, call 724-887-7910 or visit www.westovertonvillage.org.
• If you are a resident of Mt. Pleasant Township, your monthly recycling date will be the first Thursday of a full week of each month. If you do not have a container from your recycling company, use any container you have, but please mark it as recyclable. Township residents are to put their recycle containers at the end of their driveways or where they put their trash when it is collected. For a full schedule of recycle information and other township information, visit www.mtpleasanttwp.com.
• Next recycling days in Mt. Pleasant Borough will be May 12 and May 13.
To submit an item for this column, email email@example.com.
Marilyn Forbes is a Mt. Pleasant resident.