Greensburg man charged with contacting teen
A 47-year-old Greensburg man has a preliminary hearing scheduled May 9 on charges of making illegal contact with a Ligonier Valley teen and exchanging pornographic images with her.
Samuel A. Brant III, formerly of Armagh, Indiana County, allegedly exchanged numerous messages with the underage girl between September 2012 and June 2013.
Brant sent repeated messages asking to meet with the juvenile for sex, state police in Greensburg said no meeting took place.
Brant was arraigned Friday before Ligonier District Judge Denise Thiel and ordered held on $100,000 bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Ligonier planners recommend approval of restaurant proposal
- Brownsville pair allegedly embezzle from law firm
- Hempfield votes to fill public works job with interim director Cisco
- Veterans Court in session in Westmoreland for first time
- Westmoreland County Prison visitation goes digital
- New Year’s Eve sales set LCB record
- PennDOT has to complete acquisition of 4 parcels, take down trees for New Stanton interchange on I-70
- Delmont man blogs about industrial history of region, exploring long-cold coke ovens
- Youngwood officials to submit drawings to state agency that orders playground work stoppage
- Armstrong County man near deal in animal cruelty case