Greensburg man charged with contacting teen
A 47-year-old Greensburg man has a preliminary hearing scheduled May 9 on charges of making illegal contact with a Ligonier Valley teen and exchanging pornographic images with her.
Samuel A. Brant III, formerly of Armagh, Indiana County, allegedly exchanged numerous messages with the underage girl between September 2012 and June 2013.
Brant sent repeated messages asking to meet with the juvenile for sex, state police in Greensburg said no meeting took place.
Brant was arraigned Friday before Ligonier District Judge Denise Thiel and ordered held on $100,000 bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- 3 institutionalized Westmoreland men file suit, claim lack of programs
- Latrobe City Council OKs sale of Old Athletic Field for new elementary school
- Drones hover at top of holiday wish lists
- Re-enactor commits to pioneer lifestyle in Murrysville cabin
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Family collecting donations for Salem man seriously injured in deer stand fall
- Dining at Applebee’s helps Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- 40 years later, siblings of South Greensburg girl who disappeared still seek closure
- Keystone Bakery closes Greensburg store
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices