Police say men had heroin in Hempfield motel room
Two men are facing drug charges after they were found with two bricks of suspected heroin in a Hempfield motel room, according to Greensburg police and Westmoreland County detectives.
Dion S. Ward, 25, of Greensburg and Craig A. Nelson, 24, of Pittsburgh had 100 stamp bags of heroin and about $1,100 in the room when authorities executed a search warrant Thursday night, according to court papers.
Police said they found the money and empty heroin wrappings behind a night stand. The heroin would be worth about $1,000 on the street, detectives said.
The pair allegedly had been selling drugs at various locations in Westmoreland County, detectives said in court papers.
Both men are charged with possession with intent to deliver, possession of a controlled substance and conspiracy.
They were jailed in lieu of posting $100,000 each. Preliminary hearings are scheduled Thursday before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- Three injured in two-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought, alleged accomplice arrested
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench
- Braddock man held for trial in Jeannette assault, robbery
- Woman pays $178 fine for Westmoreland courthouse conduct
- New Alexandria tree trimmer pleads guilty to fraud
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Krieger to seek Westmoreland County Common Pleas judgeship
- Rustic Ridge Mine permit request criticized