Police say men had heroin in Hempfield motel room
Two men are facing drug charges after they were found with two bricks of suspected heroin in a Hempfield motel room, according to Greensburg police and Westmoreland County detectives.
Dion S. Ward, 25, of Greensburg and Craig A. Nelson, 24, of Pittsburgh had 100 stamp bags of heroin and about $1,100 in the room when authorities executed a search warrant Thursday night, according to court papers.
Police said they found the money and empty heroin wrappings behind a night stand. The heroin would be worth about $1,000 on the street, detectives said.
The pair allegedly had been selling drugs at various locations in Westmoreland County, detectives said in court papers.
Both men are charged with possession with intent to deliver, possession of a controlled substance and conspiracy.
They were jailed in lieu of posting $100,000 each. Preliminary hearings are scheduled Thursday before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Trooper: Suspect confessed to fatal Hempfield shooting
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- Videotaping suspect from Greensburg doesn’t show at hearing
- Defense can see, not copy tape, Westmoreland County judge rules
- West Overton museum to host Civil War exhibit