Police say men had heroin in Hempfield motel room
Two men are facing drug charges after they were found with two bricks of suspected heroin in a Hempfield motel room, according to Greensburg police and Westmoreland County detectives.
Dion S. Ward, 25, of Greensburg and Craig A. Nelson, 24, of Pittsburgh had 100 stamp bags of heroin and about $1,100 in the room when authorities executed a search warrant Thursday night, according to court papers.
Police said they found the money and empty heroin wrappings behind a night stand. The heroin would be worth about $1,000 on the street, detectives said.
The pair allegedly had been selling drugs at various locations in Westmoreland County, detectives said in court papers.
Both men are charged with possession with intent to deliver, possession of a controlled substance and conspiracy.
They were jailed in lieu of posting $100,000 each. Preliminary hearings are scheduled Thursday before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- DA wants to use pot evidence in Hempfield slaying trial
- Youngwood residents take up cremation site fight
- Ordinance would increase parking fines in Hempfield
- Students learn outside at Westmoreland County’s Envirothon in Hempfield
- ‘Doc Hope’ eases into retirement from West Newton veterinary clinic
- Rostraver Airport receives federal grant to keep skies above runway clear
- Traveling amateur organists entertain fellow seniors with oldies music
- Mistaken identity leads to drug bust at Westmoreland County Courthouse
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Walker: West Overton museum hosting day trip to Mt. Vernon
- Land costs for New Stanton turnpike interchange project reach $4.2M