Police say men had heroin in Hempfield motel room
Two men are facing drug charges after they were found with two bricks of suspected heroin in a Hempfield motel room, according to Greensburg police and Westmoreland County detectives.
Dion S. Ward, 25, of Greensburg and Craig A. Nelson, 24, of Pittsburgh had 100 stamp bags of heroin and about $1,100 in the room when authorities executed a search warrant Thursday night, according to court papers.
Police said they found the money and empty heroin wrappings behind a night stand. The heroin would be worth about $1,000 on the street, detectives said.
The pair allegedly had been selling drugs at various locations in Westmoreland County, detectives said in court papers.
Both men are charged with possession with intent to deliver, possession of a controlled substance and conspiracy.
They were jailed in lieu of posting $100,000 each. Preliminary hearings are scheduled Thursday before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County tourism grants promote banana splits, breweries, trolley, railroad
- Forbes: Night at the Races planned at sportsmen’s club
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- Laurel Mountain Ski Resort discusses planned revival
- Blaze guts South Greensburg home, kills 2 dogs
- Ligonier doctor’s appeal to practice rejected
- Foreign clergy mitigate shortage of priests in Diocese of Greensburg
- Westmoreland officials fear loss of impact fees
- Pittsburgh man’s bid to delay trial rejected
- Westmoreland County Transit Authority to buy 12 minibuses
- Westmoreland judge offers Court in the Classroom