Police say men had heroin in Hempfield motel room
Two men are facing drug charges after they were found with two bricks of suspected heroin in a Hempfield motel room, according to Greensburg police and Westmoreland County detectives.
Dion S. Ward, 25, of Greensburg and Craig A. Nelson, 24, of Pittsburgh had 100 stamp bags of heroin and about $1,100 in the room when authorities executed a search warrant Thursday night, according to court papers.
Police said they found the money and empty heroin wrappings behind a night stand. The heroin would be worth about $1,000 on the street, detectives said.
The pair allegedly had been selling drugs at various locations in Westmoreland County, detectives said in court papers.
Both men are charged with possession with intent to deliver, possession of a controlled substance and conspiracy.
They were jailed in lieu of posting $100,000 each. Preliminary hearings are scheduled Thursday before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Chief says Youngwood house fire is suspicious
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Police: Charges unwarranted for Yough shop class project
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet
- Somerset County man arrested after loaded gun found at Baltimore airport
- Police: Jeannette woman tried to steal family’s safe
- Attorney seeks dismissal of charge in Salem wreck that killed mother, unborn child
- Greensburg artist follows unusual path to creative career
- Latrobe day care operator pleads guilty to allowing sex-offender husband near children
- No relief in sight for Westmoreland transit passengers
- Hribal will be transferred to Allegheny County psychiatric facility