Police say men had heroin in Hempfield motel room
Two men are facing drug charges after they were found with two bricks of suspected heroin in a Hempfield motel room, according to Greensburg police and Westmoreland County detectives.
Dion S. Ward, 25, of Greensburg and Craig A. Nelson, 24, of Pittsburgh had 100 stamp bags of heroin and about $1,100 in the room when authorities executed a search warrant Thursday night, according to court papers.
Police said they found the money and empty heroin wrappings behind a night stand. The heroin would be worth about $1,000 on the street, detectives said.
The pair allegedly had been selling drugs at various locations in Westmoreland County, detectives said in court papers.
Both men are charged with possession with intent to deliver, possession of a controlled substance and conspiracy.
They were jailed in lieu of posting $100,000 each. Preliminary hearings are scheduled Thursday before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shuey burger star of ‘bashes’
- Contract with prison counselors ratified
- Man snatches purse behind mall
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield
- Greensburg man charged with assaulting hospital guard
- Walker: Latrobe gets ready to welcome Steelers back to camp
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Blaze ravages South Huntingdon home
- Greensburg pawn shop aids in arrest of home repair scam suspect
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey