Undercover probe nets drug suspect in Greensburg
Dorian Lemar “Los” Allen believed he was arranging a drug deal, but, instead, he was talking by cellphone to an undercover investigator, police said.
Allen, 28, of Forest Hills — described in court papers as “a large-level heroin dealer” — is charged with having about 20 bricks of suspected heroin, or 1,000 individual doses, worth about $10,000 on the street, Greensburg police and Westmoreland County detectives said.
Authorities said they had Allen and an apartment building on East Pittsburgh Street in Greensburg under surveillance the night of April 23.
After Allen left the apartment, an undercover investigator received a call from him, police said.
“‘Are you good?'” Allen unknowingly asked the detective, according to court papers.
The detective said yes.
Authorities drove up beside Allen, who was in the front passenger seat of a blue Hyundai Sonata, and saw him talking on his cellphone with the undercover officer, according to the criminal complaint.
Police stopped the Sonata and saw a plastic bag with more than four bricks of suspected heroin inside, according to a police affidavit.
Investigators then searched the apartment and found at least 14 bricks of heroin in a plastic bag in a hall closet.
A witness told police that before Allen left the apartment, he was “in possession of a very large quantity of heroin,” according to the criminal complaint.
Allen is in Westmoreland County Prison on $100,000 bond. He will have a preliminary hearing on Thursday before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Bob Stiles is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-836-6622 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reputed major heroin trafficker in Westmoreland County pleads guilty, gets prison sentence
- Shenefelt of North Huntingdon accused of road rage altercation in Westmoreland
- Zoning update raises fears in Ligonier Township
- Event gets new formal name: Shop ’n Save Westmoreland County Airshow, presented by Xcoal Energy & Resources in Latrobe
- Auction nets $20,000 from ill-gotten gain in slaying, theft from Washington County woman
- Court in the Classroom program provides insight for Norwin High School students
- Deputy sheriff seeks top spot in Greensburg office
- Latrobe police to form DUI task force
- Fast-growing Americans for Prosperity opens location in Greensburg
- Sale of former SCI Greensburg prison to advance despite lawmakers’ objections
- Jeannette teen, charged with killing another, took ‘selfie’ with body, court papers say