Undercover probe nets drug suspect in Greensburg
Dorian Lemar “Los” Allen believed he was arranging a drug deal, but, instead, he was talking by cellphone to an undercover investigator, police said.
Allen, 28, of Forest Hills — described in court papers as “a large-level heroin dealer” — is charged with having about 20 bricks of suspected heroin, or 1,000 individual doses, worth about $10,000 on the street, Greensburg police and Westmoreland County detectives said.
Authorities said they had Allen and an apartment building on East Pittsburgh Street in Greensburg under surveillance the night of April 23.
After Allen left the apartment, an undercover investigator received a call from him, police said.
“‘Are you good?'” Allen unknowingly asked the detective, according to court papers.
The detective said yes.
Authorities drove up beside Allen, who was in the front passenger seat of a blue Hyundai Sonata, and saw him talking on his cellphone with the undercover officer, according to the criminal complaint.
Police stopped the Sonata and saw a plastic bag with more than four bricks of suspected heroin inside, according to a police affidavit.
Investigators then searched the apartment and found at least 14 bricks of heroin in a plastic bag in a hall closet.
A witness told police that before Allen left the apartment, he was “in possession of a very large quantity of heroin,” according to the criminal complaint.
Allen is in Westmoreland County Prison on $100,000 bond. He will have a preliminary hearing on Thursday before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Bob Stiles is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-836-6622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Flight 93 memorial fire hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- Route 217 bridge across Loyalhanna Creek reopens early
- Southwest Greensburg man died of injuries in accident in Bell
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Physicist found joy in family, friends, work, wine
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job
- Missing Southwest Greensburg man found dead at crash site in Bell