Undercover probe nets drug suspect in Greensburg
Dorian Lemar “Los” Allen believed he was arranging a drug deal, but, instead, he was talking by cellphone to an undercover investigator, police said.
Allen, 28, of Forest Hills — described in court papers as “a large-level heroin dealer” — is charged with having about 20 bricks of suspected heroin, or 1,000 individual doses, worth about $10,000 on the street, Greensburg police and Westmoreland County detectives said.
Authorities said they had Allen and an apartment building on East Pittsburgh Street in Greensburg under surveillance the night of April 23.
After Allen left the apartment, an undercover investigator received a call from him, police said.
“‘Are you good?'” Allen unknowingly asked the detective, according to court papers.
The detective said yes.
Authorities drove up beside Allen, who was in the front passenger seat of a blue Hyundai Sonata, and saw him talking on his cellphone with the undercover officer, according to the criminal complaint.
Police stopped the Sonata and saw a plastic bag with more than four bricks of suspected heroin inside, according to a police affidavit.
Investigators then searched the apartment and found at least 14 bricks of heroin in a plastic bag in a hall closet.
A witness told police that before Allen left the apartment, he was “in possession of a very large quantity of heroin,” according to the criminal complaint.
Allen is in Westmoreland County Prison on $100,000 bond. He will have a preliminary hearing on Thursday before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Bob Stiles is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-836-6622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- Police: Woman tried to start fire at neighbor’s house in Derry Township
- Woman to stand trial in Jeannette tot’s death
- Psychologist’s compassion buoyed students, friends
- Bank seeks to foreclose on Eastern Derry Twp. VFD
- New Stanton council hikes garbage fees to $13.65 per month
- Westmoreland County sheriff won’t alter staffing as cash runs out
- 20 charged in Western Pennsylvania drug crackdown
- 3 gunmen sought in Hempfield home invasion
- Retirements deplete Westmoreland County workforce