Westmoreland air show tickets go on sale May 1
Tickets for the 2014 Westmoreland County Air Show at Arnold Palmer Regional Airport go on sale May 1.
All area Shop ‘n Save stores will carry tickets for the event on June 7 and 8 at the Unity airport, according to a news release.
Tickets cost $14 in advance or $16 at the gate. Military personnel and children under 10 are admitted free.
Each ticket is good for admission either Saturday or Sunday of the air show.
This year's show — the first since 2012 — will feature the Navy Blue Angels, who fly six Boeing F/A-18 Hornets in formation during performances.
The Army Golden Knights Parachute Team will perform along with civilian aerobatic performers including the Geico Skytypers, the Raiders Demo Team, Matt Chapman and Jacquie B. Airshows.
Parking at the airport will be $3 with proceeds benefitting local volunteer fire departments.
For more information, visit www.palmerairport.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Youthful actors bring Disney classic ‘Tarzan’ to life at Geyer in Scottdale
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- Hempfield bicyclist gets one last chance from Westmoreland County judge
- State Supreme Court rejects latest Foxley Farm appeal in Ligonier Township dispute
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- Purple Heart recipient Krinock to lead July Fourth parade in Latrobe
- Mt Pleasant police officer assaulted while making arrest
- Three teens injured in one-vehicle crash in Hempfield