Youngwood babysitter pleads guilty to corrupting minors
A former church babysitter pleaded guilty Tuesday to showing two children a picture of a man's genitals.
Tammy L. Tressler, 40, of Youngwood was sentenced by Westmoreland County Judge Richard E. McCormick Jr. to serve one year on probation for the misdemeanor offense of corruption of minors.
Tressler was charged in May 2012 after police said she showed two girls, ages 12 and 10, a pornographic picture on her cell phone.
Police said Tressler volunteered as a babysitter for the New Stanton United Methodist Church and was caring for the children while their parents attended a class.
“The victims said she (told them) the picture was of her boyfriend but the picture only showed his genital region,” police said.
As part of the plea bargain, prosecutors dropped a felony charge of showing pornographic materials to minors.
In addition to the probation term, the judge barred Tressler from having any contact with children or serving as a babysitter.
Tressler was ordered to undergo a sexual offender evaluation and complete any recommended treatment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- Trio holds up Penn couple at gunpoint in home
- Restitution closes chapter for New Stanton mother
- Latrobe law firm’s secretary pleads guilty to income tax evasion
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West