Youngwood babysitter pleads guilty to corrupting minors
A former church babysitter pleaded guilty Tuesday to showing two children a picture of a man's genitals.
Tammy L. Tressler, 40, of Youngwood was sentenced by Westmoreland County Judge Richard E. McCormick Jr. to serve one year on probation for the misdemeanor offense of corruption of minors.
Tressler was charged in May 2012 after police said she showed two girls, ages 12 and 10, a pornographic picture on her cell phone.
Police said Tressler volunteered as a babysitter for the New Stanton United Methodist Church and was caring for the children while their parents attended a class.
“The victims said she (told them) the picture was of her boyfriend but the picture only showed his genital region,” police said.
As part of the plea bargain, prosecutors dropped a felony charge of showing pornographic materials to minors.
In addition to the probation term, the judge barred Tressler from having any contact with children or serving as a babysitter.
Tressler was ordered to undergo a sexual offender evaluation and complete any recommended treatment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule
- Woman sought in robbery in Unity
- Former SCI Greensburg headed for auction block