Youngwood babysitter pleads guilty to corrupting minors
A former church babysitter pleaded guilty Tuesday to showing two children a picture of a man's genitals.
Tammy L. Tressler, 40, of Youngwood was sentenced by Westmoreland County Judge Richard E. McCormick Jr. to serve one year on probation for the misdemeanor offense of corruption of minors.
Tressler was charged in May 2012 after police said she showed two girls, ages 12 and 10, a pornographic picture on her cell phone.
Police said Tressler volunteered as a babysitter for the New Stanton United Methodist Church and was caring for the children while their parents attended a class.
“The victims said she (told them) the picture was of her boyfriend but the picture only showed his genital region,” police said.
As part of the plea bargain, prosecutors dropped a felony charge of showing pornographic materials to minors.
In addition to the probation term, the judge barred Tressler from having any contact with children or serving as a babysitter.
Tressler was ordered to undergo a sexual offender evaluation and complete any recommended treatment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- Dog found shot dead in cardboard box in Derry Township
- Westmoreland County Transit Authority to buy 12 minibuses
- WCCC plans 25% tuition increase for 2015-16
- Westmoreland judge offers Court in the Classroom
- Westmoreland drug task force plans fundraising efforts
- Geneva College student died of heart-related natural causes, coroner says
- Greensburg police officer Zulisky to run for district judge
- Fayette prosecutors face challenge in refiling cold-case murder charges against Mt. Pleasant man
- Lineup released for Greensburg concert series