Youngwood babysitter pleads guilty to corrupting minors
A former church babysitter pleaded guilty Tuesday to showing two children a picture of a man's genitals.
Tammy L. Tressler, 40, of Youngwood was sentenced by Westmoreland County Judge Richard E. McCormick Jr. to serve one year on probation for the misdemeanor offense of corruption of minors.
Tressler was charged in May 2012 after police said she showed two girls, ages 12 and 10, a pornographic picture on her cell phone.
Police said Tressler volunteered as a babysitter for the New Stanton United Methodist Church and was caring for the children while their parents attended a class.
“The victims said she (told them) the picture was of her boyfriend but the picture only showed his genital region,” police said.
As part of the plea bargain, prosecutors dropped a felony charge of showing pornographic materials to minors.
In addition to the probation term, the judge barred Tressler from having any contact with children or serving as a babysitter.
Tressler was ordered to undergo a sexual offender evaluation and complete any recommended treatment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Bolivar couple charged with endangerment; baby nearly drowned, police say
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Ex-clerk convicted of stealing more than $116K from WCCC avoids jail
- Butler blasting worker in North Huntingdon water main break put on probation
- Police: Charges unwarranted for Yough shop class project
- Youngwood Council to pick solicitor from ‘good mix’
- Greensburg man pleads guilty to lesser charges in altercation
- Candidates to attend GOP event in Rostraver
- Delmont must address access road for gas station
- Chief says Youngwood house fire is suspicious