Youngwood babysitter pleads guilty to corrupting minors
A former church babysitter pleaded guilty Tuesday to showing two children a picture of a man's genitals.
Tammy L. Tressler, 40, of Youngwood was sentenced by Westmoreland County Judge Richard E. McCormick Jr. to serve one year on probation for the misdemeanor offense of corruption of minors.
Tressler was charged in May 2012 after police said she showed two girls, ages 12 and 10, a pornographic picture on her cell phone.
Police said Tressler volunteered as a babysitter for the New Stanton United Methodist Church and was caring for the children while their parents attended a class.
“The victims said she (told them) the picture was of her boyfriend but the picture only showed his genital region,” police said.
As part of the plea bargain, prosecutors dropped a felony charge of showing pornographic materials to minors.
In addition to the probation term, the judge barred Tressler from having any contact with children or serving as a babysitter.
Tressler was ordered to undergo a sexual offender evaluation and complete any recommended treatment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Hempfield bicyclist gets one last chance from Westmoreland County judge
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Group takes veterans, seniors in WWII-era planes at Unity airport
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- Unity to decide July 9 on disputed gas station
- Rival Westmoreland vape shops develop own specialties
- Three teens injured in one-vehicle crash in Hempfield
- Urgent care center planned in Donegal Township