3 accused of torching man's truck
Three people are facing arson charges for allegedly setting fire to a truck belonging to the ex-husband of one of the suspects.
A witness told Manor police he saw a gold station wagon parked at a Longview Drive home about 2:50 a.m. Thursday and someone standing near the bed of the victim's truck. Later, the station wagon had left and the witness woke the victim because the truck was on fire.
A Penn Township officer stopped a station wagon matching the witness' description. Inside were Steven Andrew Vucho, 49, of Penn Hills; Frank Delano Leon Jr., 45, of Plum; and Pamela Ann Baker, 48, of Smithton, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Baker is the ex-wife of the victim, who police said obtained a protection from abuse order against her on April 23, according to the affidavit.
A state police fire marshal determined that the fire was intentionally set. Fuel cans were in plain view inside the station wagon, police said.
Leon, Vucho and Baker were arraigned Thursday morning by District Judge Helen Kistler on charges of arson, risking a catastrophe, criminal mischief and two counts of conspiracy. All three were lodged in the Westmoreland County Prison on $25,000 bail, according to online court records.
Preliminary hearings are set for May 13.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Latrobe City Council OKs sale of Old Athletic Field for new elementary school
- 3 institutionalized Westmoreland men file suit, claim lack of programs
- Re-enactor commits to pioneer lifestyle in Murrysville cabin
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices
- 40 years later, siblings of South Greensburg girl who disappeared still seek closure
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Jeannette trudges through blight
- Westmoreland County, Mt. Pleasant Borough officials try to solve Willow parking issue
- Drones hover at top of holiday wish lists
- Mt. Pleasant Guard unit may be deployed again