3 accused of torching man's truck
Three people are facing arson charges for allegedly setting fire to a truck belonging to the ex-husband of one of the suspects.
A witness told Manor police he saw a gold station wagon parked at a Longview Drive home about 2:50 a.m. Thursday and someone standing near the bed of the victim's truck. Later, the station wagon had left and the witness woke the victim because the truck was on fire.
A Penn Township officer stopped a station wagon matching the witness' description. Inside were Steven Andrew Vucho, 49, of Penn Hills; Frank Delano Leon Jr., 45, of Plum; and Pamela Ann Baker, 48, of Smithton, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Baker is the ex-wife of the victim, who police said obtained a protection from abuse order against her on April 23, according to the affidavit.
A state police fire marshal determined that the fire was intentionally set. Fuel cans were in plain view inside the station wagon, police said.
Leon, Vucho and Baker were arraigned Thursday morning by District Judge Helen Kistler on charges of arson, risking a catastrophe, criminal mischief and two counts of conspiracy. All three were lodged in the Westmoreland County Prison on $25,000 bail, according to online court records.
Preliminary hearings are set for May 13.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Chemical mix sickens two from South Greensburg
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Sale date for Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette finalized by court
- Greater Latrobe-Laurel Valley Community Chamber of Commerce to honor Arnie’s pal ‘Doc’