Unity authority manager leaves for Allegheny Valley authority
The leader of the Unity Township Municipal Authority for the past two decades has accepted a new job in Allegheny County.
Authority manager Mike Henry is leaving to become manager of the Allegheny Valley Joint Sewer Authority. His last day will be July 3, said board chairman Ronald Carey.
“Mike was an outstanding manager,” Carey said. “We hate to lose him. We're going to do our best to replace him, but it's going to be very hard.”
Henry could not be reached for comment.
The Allegheny Valley authority serves Harmar, Cheswick, Springdale borough and Springdale Township.
A five-person committee, including two board members, office manager Lori Rodkey and engineer Larry Lennon, will review applicants before the May 7 deadline to identify a replacement, hopefully before Memorial Day, Carey said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Southmoreland commencement scheduled for Friday evening
- Westmoreland County Transit Authority to consider raising bus fare rate for paratransit participants
- Westmoreland County Community College trustees approve $38M preliminary budget
- Tenant charged in fire that destroyed Latrobe apartment house
- Ligonier Township K-9 officer home to recover from deadly collision
- Vandals ruin Ligonier Township farmers’ garden
- Foes of South Huntingdon gas-fired plant fight approval
- Pair of zoning requests denied by Unity board
- Motorcyclist killed after striking pole in Penn Township
- Hempfield hires finance director
- Unity resident again accused of burglary