Unity authority manager leaves for Allegheny Valley authority
The leader of the Unity Township Municipal Authority for the past two decades has accepted a new job in Allegheny County.
Authority manager Mike Henry is leaving to become manager of the Allegheny Valley Joint Sewer Authority. His last day will be July 3, said board chairman Ronald Carey.
“Mike was an outstanding manager,” Carey said. “We hate to lose him. We're going to do our best to replace him, but it's going to be very hard.”
Henry could not be reached for comment.
The Allegheny Valley authority serves Harmar, Cheswick, Springdale borough and Springdale Township.
A five-person committee, including two board members, office manager Lori Rodkey and engineer Larry Lennon, will review applicants before the May 7 deadline to identify a replacement, hopefully before Memorial Day, Carey said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Flight 93 memorial fire hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- Route 217 bridge across Loyalhanna Creek reopens early
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Missing Southwest Greensburg man found dead at crash site in Bell
- Southwest Greensburg man died of injuries in accident in Bell
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- Former Penn-Trafford student put on house arrest for drug sales
- $10K grants will help people purchase homes in Monessen
- Route 22 lane in Derry Township blocked after crash
- Laurel Mountain State Park ski plans will go to Ligonier Township supervisors