Franklin Regional students get clear backpacks in wake of stabbing
Franklin Regional Senior High School handed out clear plastic backpacks to students on Monday after a mass stabbing last month.
The backpacks include the logo “FR Strong” and are the latest in a series of steps to help students recover from the attacks on April 9.
The student charged in the stabbings, Alex Hribal, 16, faces a preliminary hearing in June on 21 counts of attempted homicide, aggravated assault, and a school weapons violation.
The backpacks have been donated by #1 Cochran, a major car dealer.
Two students remained in Forbes Regional Hospital Monday, one in fair condition. The other was moved back to intensive care over the weekend.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Second phase of Westmoreland Airpark in Unity opens
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- Unity rally aims to counter negativity of KKK message in ’97
- House 58th District seat candidates focus on education, taxes
- Attorney: Indiana County suspect not fit for trial in fatal Derry shooting
- Pittsburgh man pleads guilty in Monessen shooting
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Trick-or-treat in Mt. Pleasant set for Sunday
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Sewickley hires Hempfield public works director