Franklin Regional students get clear backpacks in wake of stabbing
Franklin Regional Senior High School handed out clear plastic backpacks to students on Monday after a mass stabbing last month.
The backpacks include the logo “FR Strong” and are the latest in a series of steps to help students recover from the attacks on April 9.
The student charged in the stabbings, Alex Hribal, 16, faces a preliminary hearing in June on 21 counts of attempted homicide, aggravated assault, and a school weapons violation.
The backpacks have been donated by #1 Cochran, a major car dealer.
Two students remained in Forbes Regional Hospital Monday, one in fair condition. The other was moved back to intensive care over the weekend.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Rustic Ridge Mine permit request criticized
- Krieger to seek Westmoreland County Common Pleas judgeship
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- WCCC officials vow to erase $2.2M deficit
- Coal truck, another hauling beer crash on Route 22
- New Derry woman charged after mail delivery of 4 pounds of marijuana
- Walker: Still time to recycle live Christmas trees in Scottdale
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township
- Derry Township auto shop owner finds theft suspect hiding inside
- PennDOT has to complete acquisition of 4 parcels, take down trees for New Stanton interchange on I-70