Franklin Regional students get clear backpacks in wake of stabbing
Franklin Regional Senior High School handed out clear plastic backpacks to students on Monday after a mass stabbing last month.
The backpacks include the logo “FR Strong” and are the latest in a series of steps to help students recover from the attacks on April 9.
The student charged in the stabbings, Alex Hribal, 16, faces a preliminary hearing in June on 21 counts of attempted homicide, aggravated assault, and a school weapons violation.
The backpacks have been donated by #1 Cochran, a major car dealer.
Two students remained in Forbes Regional Hospital Monday, one in fair condition. The other was moved back to intensive care over the weekend.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Yukon pet shelter, ex-leader battle over electricity shutoff
- Greensburg Salem football game celebrates late coach Williams, historian Kaufman
- Youngwood teenager to be tried in juvenile court in stabbing case
- Four Kiski Area students involved in bus accident ‘fine’
- Tree falls into house in Hempfield, injuring 1
- Judge OKs testimony of former Honduran orphan in priest abuse case
- Police: Woman faked Mt. Pleasant robbery
- Police seek 2 in Derry Twp. luring attempt
- Unity planners recommend OK of church plans
- Derry Township man killed when ATV flips
- Latrobe parks and recreation director to retire