Franklin Regional students get clear backpacks in wake of stabbing
Franklin Regional Senior High School handed out clear plastic backpacks to students on Monday after a mass stabbing last month.
The backpacks include the logo “FR Strong” and are the latest in a series of steps to help students recover from the attacks on April 9.
The student charged in the stabbings, Alex Hribal, 16, faces a preliminary hearing in June on 21 counts of attempted homicide, aggravated assault, and a school weapons violation.
The backpacks have been donated by #1 Cochran, a major car dealer.
Two students remained in Forbes Regional Hospital Monday, one in fair condition. The other was moved back to intensive care over the weekend.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- Jeannette man held in Greensburg window-smashing incidents
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- West Overton museum to host Civil War exhibit
- Defense can see, not copy tape, Westmoreland County judge rules