Norwin high evacuated for about 15 minutes
Norwin High School was evacuated briefly on Monday, a school official said.
Students returned to the building about 15 minutes later after fire officials determined there was no safety issue.
Authorities said the automatic fire alarm sounded because of a “dirty duct detector,” according to district spokesman Jonathan Szish.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Ligonier planners recommend approval of restaurant proposal
- Brownsville pair allegedly embezzle from law firm
- Veterans Court in session in Westmoreland for first time
- Westmoreland County Prison visitation goes digital
- Hempfield votes to fill public works job with interim director Cisco
- New Year’s Eve sales set LCB record
- PennDOT has to complete acquisition of 4 parcels, take down trees for New Stanton interchange on I-70
- Delmont man blogs about industrial history of region, exploring long-cold coke ovens
- Youngwood officials to submit drawings to state agency that orders playground work stoppage
- Armstrong County man near deal in animal cruelty case