Norwin high evacuated for about 15 minutes
Norwin High School was evacuated briefly on Monday, a school official said.
Students returned to the building about 15 minutes later after fire officials determined there was no safety issue.
Authorities said the automatic fire alarm sounded because of a “dirty duct detector,” according to district spokesman Jonathan Szish.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- Fire at Flight 93 National Memorial hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- Route 217 bridge across Loyalhanna Creek reopens early
- Southwest Greensburg man died of injuries in accident in Bell
- Missing Southwest Greensburg man found dead at crash site in Bell
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Laurel Mountain State Park ski plans will go to Ligonier Township supervisors
- Redstone gets $90K grant for safety upgrade
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County upgrades emergency communications plan
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job