Norwin high evacuated for about 15 minutes
Norwin High School was evacuated briefly on Monday, a school official said.
Students returned to the building about 15 minutes later after fire officials determined there was no safety issue.
Authorities said the automatic fire alarm sounded because of a “dirty duct detector,” according to district spokesman Jonathan Szish.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Greensburg plastic surgeon pleads not guilty to charges of interfering with painkiller investigation
- Westmoreland County’s prison board to consider inmate service projects
- Wyano woman accused of sex with 15-year-old boy
- Part-time prison guards wanted in Westmoreland
- With $4M in bank from municipal authority sale, financially strapped Jeannette exhales
- Mt. Pleasant Borough pursues permit parking
- Unity man collects bits of Westmoreland County history
- Westmoreland man charged with firing gun, narrowly missing child
- Feud escalates between Westmoreland commissioner, controller
- Model Railroad Home Tour set to raise funds for Ligonier Valley Rail Road
- Robber holds up Family Dollar in Greensburg