Norwin high evacuated for about 15 minutes
Norwin High School was evacuated briefly on Monday, a school official said.
Students returned to the building about 15 minutes later after fire officials determined there was no safety issue.
Authorities said the automatic fire alarm sounded because of a “dirty duct detector,” according to district spokesman Jonathan Szish.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Police: Jeannette woman tried to steal family’s safe
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet
- Attorney seeks dismissal of charge in Salem wreck that killed mother, unborn child
- No relief in sight for Westmoreland transit passengers
- Thousands attend Mt. Pleasant Glass and Ethnic Festival
- Greensburg artist follows unusual path to creative career
- 3 confirmed cases of MRSA in Ligonier school district
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after Derry Twp. crash
- Hribal will be transferred to Allegheny County psychiatric facility
- 3 face charges for drugs, weapons after arrest in North Huntingdon