Mt. Pleasant expected to hire assistant superintendent
Mt. Pleasant Area School Board is expected to vote next week to fill the assistant superintendent position, which carries a five-year term.
Superintendent Timothy Gabauer said he expects to have a candidate and salary recommendation ready for the meeting on Monday.
Board members heard from Paula Vercammen, director of Business Development for Source4Teachers, who gave a presentation about the company.
Source4Teachers finds substitute personnel who meet districts' qualifications for employment and placement needs.
“We handle daily substitute and support staff. We provide districts with a qualified level of substitutes that provide continuity in the classroom, not just warm bodies,” Vercammen said.
Also next week, the board will:
• Discuss the 2014-15 Central Westmoreland Career and Technology Center budget, which is about $569,000.
“That is a slight increase, but we also have 15 more students from the area that will be going there,” board member Rick Albright said.
• Vote on hiring a school psychologist in accordance with the Act 93 Memorandum of Understanding. The position will be for 200 hours. The candidate will split duties with the Southmoreland School District.
“The reason that we are doing this is that the IU (intermediate unit) will no longer be providing that service,” district Business Manager Brent Filak said.
• Vote on the first draft from the Community Section of its policy manual regarding booster organizations and parent-teacher groups.
“We have now had a month to review this, and we met with booster club representatives from all of the sports groups,” board President Robert Gumbita said. “They have been positive, and they realize that this supports their organizations in the school district.”
Other items that will be voted on include:
• Acceptance of the retirement-resignation from the custodial staff of Robert Kubasky, effective June 30.
• Approval of Heather Weis and Betty Jo Breakiron for intermittent family medical leave.
• Approval of hourly rates for Nurse's Aide Level I, Nurse's Aide Level II, Classroom Aide and School Police/Support staff at rates that don't reflect an increase.
Marilyn Forbes is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Second phase of Westmoreland Airpark in Unity opens
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- House 58th District seat candidates focus on education, taxes
- Attorney: Indiana County suspect not fit for trial in fatal Derry shooting
- Unity rally aims to counter negativity of KKK message in ’97
- Pittsburgh man pleads guilty in Monessen shooting
- Trick-or-treat in Mt. Pleasant set for Sunday
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap