Greensburg man pulls knife on estranged wife, police say
A Greensburg man who pulled a knife on his estranged wife and another man ended up in the Westmoreland County prison on $50,000 bail on Wednesday, city police said.
Colin Nicholas Kurincak, 35, was charged with two counts each of aggravated assault and terroristic threats in Greensburg District Judge James Albert's office.
Kurincak used the kitchen knife with a 6- or 7-inch blade to bang on the driver's window of a vehicle and demand that his wife's friend come out to fight Tuesday morning in the Autumn Brook Apartments parking lot, police said.
The two alleged victims were in the vehicle shortly after midnight and had locked the doors when they saw Kurincak in the parking lot, Patrolman Robert Shapiro said in court papers.
After the altercation, Kurincak went into an apartment, leaving the knife about 15 feet from the vehicle, police said.
Authorities reported seeing smudges on the driver's window.
Earlier, city police went to the apartment complex because Kurincak and his wife were arguing over divorcing, according to the criminal complaint.
After police arrived, the couple agreed to go their separate ways.
About 30 minutes later, Kurincak returned and began arguing with his wife. He threatened to cut up a mattress with a knife, authorities said.
He went downstairs, and the wife called her male friend to come and pick her up, police said. Kurincak then encountered the couple in the vehicle in the parking lot.
Bob Stiles is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-836-6622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Identities oftheft suspects sought by Penn Township and state police
- Grant program targets 7 Westmoreland County towns, including Greensburg, for revitalization
- Westmoreland judge: Contact with advocacy group won’t hamper fairness in drug trial
- Girl, 8, hit by truck in North Irwin, breaks leg
- Latrobe-Unity parks department seeks grant; revamp to cost $112K
- 1 injured in Mt. Pleasant Twp. accident
- Contract talks to start this week for prison union in Westmoreland
- Mt. Pleasant Scout creates drop box for flag disposal
- At 87, Rostraver man still entertaining polka fans
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Derry Twp. crash
- Ligonier Township considers cellphone tower requests