'Person of interest' sought in death of woman in Laurel Mountain Borough
Ligonier police are searching for a person of interest after finding a 52-year-old woman dead in a Laurel Mountain Borough home Friday night.
Angela Cavalero, who lived at 16 Locust Road with a boyfriend who owned the home, was pronounced dead at the home by deputy coroner Sean Hribal at 11:35 p.m. Friday.
Cause and manner of death in the homicide investigation remain undetermined pending an autopsy scheduled for Sunday with Dr. Cyril Wecht and Pathlology Associates, according to information released by the Westmoreland County Coroner's Office.
Police chief John Berger said officers were dispatched to the home several times over the past week to check on Cavalero after family members called reporting they had not heard from her for a few days.
Until Friday night, officers found the home locked and received no response when knocking at the door. Around 10 p.m. Friday, officers found the front door open.
“They went in to investigate a little further, and they found a 52-year-old female deceased in one of the back rooms on the first floor,” Berger said.
Police are trying to locate the homeowner, who Berger described as a person of interest.
Berger said the person of interest could be driving a dark blue 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis with Pennsylvania plate JGT-7999 and “religious stickers of some sort on the back bumper.”
Details of funeral arrangements were not available at press time.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- Greensburg pawn shop aids in arrest of home repair scam suspect
- Greensburg man charged with assaulting hospital guard
- PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield
- Walker: Latrobe gets ready to welcome Steelers back to camp
- Westmoreland County gets the word out about drug problem
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Entrapment, injury reported in Derry Township accident
- Blaze ravages South Huntingdon home