Motorcyclist in critical condition after Hempfield crash
Motorcyclist remains in critical condition
A 55-year-old Jeannette motorcyclist remained in critical condition Friday in a Pittsburgh hospital after a crash Tuesday along Route 30 in Hempfield.
Brian A. Greaves was injured in the accident that occurred about 7:30 p.m. along Route 30 at the West Newton exit. A spokesman at UPMC Presbyterian reported he is in critical condition.
State police in Greensburg said Greaves was traveling westbound when he lost control of his motorcycle while attempting to exit the highway, causing it to fall on its side and roll over several times. Police said he fell off the bike during the crash and suffered multiple injuries.
Police said Greaves was not wearing a helmet.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Herminie woman, 18, dies after car accident in Turkeytown
- Greensburg torture killer seeks reduction in sentence
- Westmoreland County to auction guns, vehicles
- Hribal’s attorney seeks to push back trial
- Razing of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette within reach with $1M grant
- Herminie man admits 1 robbery at ATM
- Airport, St. Vincent receive transit cash
- Fund set up for 4-year-old Meyersdale girl’s final expenses
- Jeannette rape charge nixed under plea bargain
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- Police seek 3 in Hempfield quick change scam