Motorcyclist in critical condition after Hempfield crash
Motorcyclist remains in critical condition
A 55-year-old Jeannette motorcyclist remained in critical condition Friday in a Pittsburgh hospital after a crash Tuesday along Route 30 in Hempfield.
Brian A. Greaves was injured in the accident that occurred about 7:30 p.m. along Route 30 at the West Newton exit. A spokesman at UPMC Presbyterian reported he is in critical condition.
State police in Greensburg said Greaves was traveling westbound when he lost control of his motorcycle while attempting to exit the highway, causing it to fall on its side and roll over several times. Police said he fell off the bike during the crash and suffered multiple injuries.
Police said Greaves was not wearing a helmet.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PennDOT has to complete acquisition of 4 parcels, take down trees for New Stanton interchange on I-70
- Delmont man blogs about industrial history of region, exploring long-cold coke ovens
- Bids expected for demolition of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette
- Greensburg YMCA plans to restore front porch to 1913 look
- Hempfield Area to boost high school security
- Body found in North Huntingdon
- Hempfield restores 1 of 2 aides to West Point kindergarten
- Youngwood officials to submit drawings to state agency that orders playground work stoppage
- Woman injured in fire at Jeannette home
- Union Cemetery plot owners, heirs of deceased sought to sort out details of ownership
- Latrobe police seek driver of red cargo van