Motorcyclist in critical condition after Hempfield crash
Motorcyclist remains in critical condition
A 55-year-old Jeannette motorcyclist remained in critical condition Friday in a Pittsburgh hospital after a crash Tuesday along Route 30 in Hempfield.
Brian A. Greaves was injured in the accident that occurred about 7:30 p.m. along Route 30 at the West Newton exit. A spokesman at UPMC Presbyterian reported he is in critical condition.
State police in Greensburg said Greaves was traveling westbound when he lost control of his motorcycle while attempting to exit the highway, causing it to fall on its side and roll over several times. Police said he fell off the bike during the crash and suffered multiple injuries.
Police said Greaves was not wearing a helmet.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- Mt. Pleasant Business District Authority picks officers
- Sale of former SCI Greensburg prison to advance despite lawmakers’ objections
- Court in the Classroom program provides insight for Norwin High School students
- Jeannette teen, charged with killing another, took ‘selfie’ with body, court papers say
- Fast-growing Americans for Prosperity opens location in Greensburg
- Latrobe police to form DUI task force
- Baby sitter arraigned on assault charges; Hempfield woman high on heroin, state police say
- $7.6M buyout at Hempfield prison site clouds sale
- Unity lawyer to vie for Westmoreland County judgeship
- Excela center proposal worries residents of Hempfield neighborhood