Motorcyclist in critical condition after Hempfield crash
Motorcyclist remains in critical condition
A 55-year-old Jeannette motorcyclist remained in critical condition Friday in a Pittsburgh hospital after a crash Tuesday along Route 30 in Hempfield.
Brian A. Greaves was injured in the accident that occurred about 7:30 p.m. along Route 30 at the West Newton exit. A spokesman at UPMC Presbyterian reported he is in critical condition.
State police in Greensburg said Greaves was traveling westbound when he lost control of his motorcycle while attempting to exit the highway, causing it to fall on its side and roll over several times. Police said he fell off the bike during the crash and suffered multiple injuries.
Police said Greaves was not wearing a helmet.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crash closes part of Route 30 in Unity
- Greensburg’s century-old YMCA reopens after makeover
- North Belle Vernon man on a mission to restore hometown park
- Podlucky mansion in Ligonier Township will go to sheriff’s sale
- Salem man accused of child porn possession
- Judge orders competency hearing for accused killer of Derry mother
- Scottdale to revise bike rule
- Taxes on former FOE in Scottdale won’t be forgiven
- Franklin Regional Senior High School security guard’s return sought
- Water service to be restored in portions of Hempfield, Unity
- Beams for cantilevered structure placed at Westmoreland museum