Motorcyclist in critical condition after Hempfield crash
Motorcyclist remains in critical condition
A 55-year-old Jeannette motorcyclist remained in critical condition Friday in a Pittsburgh hospital after a crash Tuesday along Route 30 in Hempfield.
Brian A. Greaves was injured in the accident that occurred about 7:30 p.m. along Route 30 at the West Newton exit. A spokesman at UPMC Presbyterian reported he is in critical condition.
State police in Greensburg said Greaves was traveling westbound when he lost control of his motorcycle while attempting to exit the highway, causing it to fall on its side and roll over several times. Police said he fell off the bike during the crash and suffered multiple injuries.
Police said Greaves was not wearing a helmet.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WCCC fraternity helps fallen Ligonier officer’s family
- Police, the Diamond top Ligonier Borough issues
- Mt. Pleasant board looks at refinancing
- Westmoreland County Common Pleas candidates differ on judicial retirement age
- West Newton officials, code officer clear the air
- Jeannette considers trash fee increases
- Greensburg council OKs purchase of firetruck
- Ligonier Valley takes proactive financial steps amid state budget stalemate
- Greensburg grocer Charley esteemed for his charity work
- Navigating college financial aid options pays off
- Ohio woman will be millionth passenger to fly out of Arnold Palmer airport