One person injured in accident in Mt. Pleasant Township
One man was taken by medical helicopter to a hospital after a one-vehicle accident Friday evening in Mt. Pleasant Township.
The accident happened about 10 p.m. at Route 31 and Clay Pike Road, an emergency dispatcher said.
The victim, who was reported to be unconscious at the scene, was flown to Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown, the dispatcher said.
The cause of the accident was not known. Nor was it known if anyone else was involved.
State police at Greensburg are investigating the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- North Carolina man sent nude photo to 8-year-old girl in Grapeville, police say
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after hitting deer in Derry
- 2 women held for trial in Fayette mobile home park shooting
- Police: Dirt bike rider struck man, fought officers in Jeannette
- East Huntingdon veterinarian seeks to prevent former mentor from opening nearby clinic
- Volunteers play important role in success of SummerSounds concert series in Greensburg
- Hempfield prison film canceled because of Pa. budget impasse
- Death penalty considered for Rostraver man accused in bludgeoning death of sister’s boyfriend
- Fire damages Mt. Pleasant house, occupants and 6 pets uninjured
- Greater Latrobe passes resolution to move forward on building new Latrobe Elementary School
- Hempfield man charged with beating woman, refusing for 2 days to take her to hospital