Penn Twp. crash kills North Huntingdon man
A 24-year-old North Huntingdon man was ejected from his car and died in a single-car crash in Penn Township early Saturday morning, according to police.
Sean R. Pedder of South Street died of multiple blunt force injuries when his southbound 1998 Pontiac Firebird crashed at 1270 Nike Site Road shortly before 2 a.m., Westmoreland County Deputy Coroner Joshua Zappone said. Pedder was pronounced dead at the scene at 3:18 a.m., Zappone said.
Pedder was driving the vehicle southbound at 1:56 a.m. when the car went off the right side of the road, hit a culvert, some fencing and several small trees before hitting a large tree approximately 12 feet from the road, Penn Township Police Chief John Otto said.
Pedder, the lone occupant in the car, was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the Pontiac when it hit the tree, Zappone said.
The car was engulfed in flames by the time police arrived at 2 a.m., Otto said.
Otto said speed may have been a factor in the crash.
The results of toxicology tests will not be available for several weeks, Zappone said.
The Joseph F. Ott Funeral Home in Irwin is handling the arrangements.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Daughter’s generosity lives on in family
- Honored Westmoreland youth counselor sought in theft of money from clients
- Greensburg YMCA pool upgrade in works
- Kopas, citing poor state inspection, pushes to end deal for Westmoreland Manor operator
- Detaining juveniles charged as adults costs Westmoreland reimbursement money
- Ligonier water shutoff delayed slightly
- Derry Township man killed when ATV flips
- Record-holding female motorcyclist to speak at Lincoln Highway event
- Survey finds no clear fix to achieving racial diversity in Westmoreland County
- Children honor late Ligonier Township officer at Westmoreland Fair
- Ligonier equine facility breaks ground