Forbes: Take time to wish Dad some happiness at Mt. Pleasant event
Father's Day is this weekend, so please take some time to wish your dad happiness on his special day. If you are looking for a great way to spend Father's Day evening, the first Concert in the Park will take place 6:30 p.m. Sunday at the Gazebo in Mt. Pleasant. There will be a picnic buffet served at 5:30 p.m. Cost is $8, and all veterans are invited to eat free. Music for the evening will be provided by the Steel City Quartet. Come out for the evening and enjoy the first in the series of music for the summer.
• The Mt. Pleasant Got Talent competition, which will be held the weekend of Sept. 26- 28, is going to be much different this year. Anyone who has a talent is invited to participate. To make the event even more fun, forms will be passed out during Sunday's Concert in the Park for anyone interested in performing during intermission at the July 3 Party in the Park event. Out of those participants, one will be chosen to be in the finals of the competition at the festival, bypassing the preliminary rounds that will be held on Sept. 26 and 27. So get your forms now for a chance to compete and win a spot in the finals.
• There will be a benefit auction for the Relay for Life team Cameron's Angels 9 a.m. June 28 at 155 Nedrow Road in Stahlstown. Donations of items to be sold at the event will be collected through Saturday. For more information, call 724-593-7070.
• Bullskin Township Volunteer Fire Department will hold a discount food sale 9 a.m. Saturday, with doors opening 8:30 a.m., at its fire station. The event will feature meats, cheeses and other food items at great discounted prices. All sales are cash only. There is a great selection from which to pick. Now is the perfect time to stock up for the holidays. Partial proceeds from the sales will go to the fire department.
The Relay for Life team Mark's Mariners is selling tickets for a chance to win a nine-piece Red Kitchen Cookware Collection. Tickets are $1 each. Only 200 will be sold. The winning ticket will be determined by the noon drawing of the Pennsylvania Lottery on July 19. For tickets, call 724-454-4355 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• There will be a strawberry festival from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Bullskin Township Senior Center. The event will feature all-you-can-eat strawberries and ice cream with beverages. Cost will be $6 for adults and $3 for children.
The kitchen also will be open to purchase additional food items such as hot dogs, potato salad, ham barbecues and french fries. There also will be a cake sale on site. The center is located at 52 Medgser Road.
• Volunteer Services at Excela Health Frick will hold a used book fair from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 19 and from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 20. The sale is just in time to stock up for some great summer reading. The sale will be held in conference rooms B and C on the first floor of the facility. The event will feature gently used books, CDs, videos, DVDs and puzzles. All proceeds from the event will go to the junior scholarship program at the hospital.
• The next recycling days in Mt. Pleasant Borough will be June 23 and 24.
Marilyn Forbes is a Mt. Pleasant resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Delmont man blogs about industrial history of region, exploring long-cold coke ovens
- PennDOT has to complete acquisition of 4 parcels, take down trees for New Stanton interchange on I-70
- Bids expected for demolition of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette
- Youngwood officials to submit drawings to state agency that orders playground work stoppage
- Greensburg YMCA plans to restore front porch to 1913 look
- Man’s body found in car in Forbes State Forest
- Geyer Performing Arts Center hosts AAFC production of ‘Murder on the Nile’
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor’s case heads to trial
- Latrobe police seek driver of red cargo van
- Ex-Latrobe day care operator seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Union Cemetery plot owners, heirs of deceased sought to sort out details of ownership