Hempfield Area School District hires assistant superintendent
A former teacher and administrator in the Hempfield Area and Greensburg Salem school districts has been hired as the assistant superintendent for elementary education.
Dr. Tammy Woliciki was hired at a starting salary of $135,000.
She was an administrator in the Fox Chapel School District in Allegheny County. Prior to that, she was director of curriculum services at Greensburg Salem from 2005 to 2012 and was a principal in Hempfield from 1998 to 2005.
The school board this week also set salaries for:
• Dr. Mark Gross, assistant superintendent for secondary education, $130,000.
• Jeffrey Coover, director of special education, $102,000.
• David Johnson, appointed director of pupil services, beginning July 1, nearly $108,000.
The school board is expected to reappoint attorney Dennis Slyman as solicitor later this month. He will be paid a retainer of $1,000 per month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule
- Woman sought in robbery in Unity
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Mt. Pleasant Armory to deliver Thanksgiving dinner
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule
- Students learn risks of digital lives at middle school presentation in Hempfield
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire