Salaries set for Westmoreland County's public safety leaders
Westmoreland County's new public safety director Roland “Bud” Mertz of Greensburg will earn an annual salary of $75,335.
Commissioners Charles Anderson, Tyler Courtney and Ted Kopas, along with Controller Jeff Balzer, approved the salary for Mertz and a $67,442 salary for the department's new deputy director, Nick Caesar of Jeannette. The action came during a salary board meeting held Wednesday.
Commissioners hired Mertz earlier this month, one day after former director Brian Jones suddenly resigned for personal reasons. Jones had been on the job for two months.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fire marshal probes cause of blaze that destroyed vacant Derry Township house
- Latrobe ear-biting suspect loses bid for reduced bail
- Request for documents delays Speedway hearing in Unity
- Laurel Mountain Ski Resort discusses planned revival
- Youngwood aims to reduce amount that ends up in sewage treatment facility
- Westmoreland County tourism grants promote banana splits, breweries, trolley, railroad
- Donora-Monessen bridge ramps to stay open during construction
- Ligonier doctor’s appeal to practice rejected
- Forbes: Night at the Races planned at sportsmen’s club
- Blaze guts South Greensburg home, kills 2 dogs
- Foreign clergy mitigate shortage of priests in Diocese of Greensburg