Salaries set for Westmoreland County's public safety leaders
Westmoreland County's new public safety director Roland “Bud” Mertz of Greensburg will earn an annual salary of $75,335.
Commissioners Charles Anderson, Tyler Courtney and Ted Kopas, along with Controller Jeff Balzer, approved the salary for Mertz and a $67,442 salary for the department's new deputy director, Nick Caesar of Jeannette. The action came during a salary board meeting held Wednesday.
Commissioners hired Mertz earlier this month, one day after former director Brian Jones suddenly resigned for personal reasons. Jones had been on the job for two months.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Over the falls — Cucumber Falls that is — go 3 kayakers in Ohiopyle
- Greensburg man charged with gun, drug violations
- Scottdale man charged with raping child in 1990s
- Westmoreland County recorder of deeds seeking 2nd term
- Ligonier-based group sponsors rafting adventures to help ease veterans’ anxiety
- Derry Area adds instructor for agriculture, horticulture
- Hempfield man charged with giving gun to teen girl
- Jeannette teen, charged with killing another, took ‘selfie’ with body, court papers say
- Westmoreland historical society holding antiques appraisal
- Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum to kick off Speaker Series with stories of Jeannette
- North Huntingdon man accused of road rage altercation in Westmoreland