Salaries set for Westmoreland County's public safety leaders
Westmoreland County's new public safety director Roland “Bud” Mertz of Greensburg will earn an annual salary of $75,335.
Commissioners Charles Anderson, Tyler Courtney and Ted Kopas, along with Controller Jeff Balzer, approved the salary for Mertz and a $67,442 salary for the department's new deputy director, Nick Caesar of Jeannette. The action came during a salary board meeting held Wednesday.
Commissioners hired Mertz earlier this month, one day after former director Brian Jones suddenly resigned for personal reasons. Jones had been on the job for two months.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Marathoner hit by vehicle in Murrysville recuperates
- 4 seek 3 nominations for Southwest Greensburg council
- Fines against MAX Environmental up to Westmoreland judge
- Latrobe pharmacy will offer overdose antidote
- Charges filed in stolen property investigation
- Playground plans in Sewickley Township on hold
- Mt. Pleasant Township home destroyed by fire
- 4 sentenced for roles in botched Lower Burrell heist
- Wrongful death suit against Westmoreland Manor settled
- Mutual Aid plans fundraising throughout Westmoreland County to bolster member numbers
- Greensburg Hempfield Area Library board to consider tax referendum