Salaries set for Westmoreland County's public safety leaders
Westmoreland County's new public safety director Roland “Bud” Mertz of Greensburg will earn an annual salary of $75,335.
Commissioners Charles Anderson, Tyler Courtney and Ted Kopas, along with Controller Jeff Balzer, approved the salary for Mertz and a $67,442 salary for the department's new deputy director, Nick Caesar of Jeannette. The action came during a salary board meeting held Wednesday.
Commissioners hired Mertz earlier this month, one day after former director Brian Jones suddenly resigned for personal reasons. Jones had been on the job for two months.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sounds of Christmas coming to Fay-West region
- H&M to open in Westmoreland Mall
- Westmoreland County, Mt. Pleasant Borough officials try to solve Willow parking issue
- Greensburg still fighting waterlogged Lynch Field, may add drainage
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County, Youngwood discuss sewage system sale
- Youngwood officials defend rules for rentals
- Witnesses recount Franklin Regional stabbing
- Trio of concerts to mark Greensburg’s holiday season
- Bill to name interchange for fallen Youngwood firefighter advances
- Salvation Army raises goals for Red Kettle campaigns in Westmoreland
- Former Hempfield Area director makes guest appearance at University of Alabama