Salaries set for Westmoreland County's public safety leaders
Westmoreland County's new public safety director Roland “Bud” Mertz of Greensburg will earn an annual salary of $75,335.
Commissioners Charles Anderson, Tyler Courtney and Ted Kopas, along with Controller Jeff Balzer, approved the salary for Mertz and a $67,442 salary for the department's new deputy director, Nick Caesar of Jeannette. The action came during a salary board meeting held Wednesday.
Commissioners hired Mertz earlier this month, one day after former director Brian Jones suddenly resigned for personal reasons. Jones had been on the job for two months.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule
- Woman sought in robbery in Unity
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule
- Students learn risks of digital lives at middle school presentation in Hempfield
- Mt. Pleasant Armory to deliver Thanksgiving dinner
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’