Salaries set for Westmoreland County's public safety leaders
Westmoreland County's new public safety director Roland “Bud” Mertz of Greensburg will earn an annual salary of $75,335.
Commissioners Charles Anderson, Tyler Courtney and Ted Kopas, along with Controller Jeff Balzer, approved the salary for Mertz and a $67,442 salary for the department's new deputy director, Nick Caesar of Jeannette. The action came during a salary board meeting held Wednesday.
Commissioners hired Mertz earlier this month, one day after former director Brian Jones suddenly resigned for personal reasons. Jones had been on the job for two months.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cancer fundraiser pays tribute to Donegal man
- Woman foils robbery attempt in Pleasant Unity
- Monessen man gets long prison term, then gets married
- Greensburg man, out on bond, ID’d in robbery
- Unity day care operator loses appeal of sentence
- New Geyer Choir hopes to hit high note at Scottdale theater
- Irwin class helps recovering addicts, families find peace through art
- 33 from Westmoreland County inducted into state’s Voter Hall of Fame
- Medical center ‘monstrosity’ near end in Jeannette
- Unity prowling suspect sought
- YMCAs work out plan to open access to most facilities in Pa.