Salaries set for Westmoreland County's public safety leaders
Westmoreland County's new public safety director Roland “Bud” Mertz of Greensburg will earn an annual salary of $75,335.
Commissioners Charles Anderson, Tyler Courtney and Ted Kopas, along with Controller Jeff Balzer, approved the salary for Mertz and a $67,442 salary for the department's new deputy director, Nick Caesar of Jeannette. The action came during a salary board meeting held Wednesday.
Commissioners hired Mertz earlier this month, one day after former director Brian Jones suddenly resigned for personal reasons. Jones had been on the job for two months.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Latrobe police officer sues councilman, city for slander
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Police: Trafford couple used website to advertise prostitution services
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor