Paving to begin in Penn Township
Penn Township has announced its $1.4 million paving program is slated to begin Wednesday and continue through September.
Manager Alex Graziani said township road crews have been completing necessary preparation, including drainage improvements and tree removal, since spring.
As a prelude to paving work, Donegal Construction Co. of Unity will begin surface milling on Wednesday.
The following roads will be included in the project:
The first phase in the eastern portion of the township will include Holland Road from School Road South to Harrison City-Export Road; Slack Road, from House 141 to Bouquet Road; Gombach Road; Gongaware Road from Route 993 to Walt Road and Fourteenth Street from the Route 130 to the Jeannette border.
Phase two will include Cypress Court from Murrysville Road to Level Green Elementary School; Cherry Street from Route 130 to Jane Road; Saunders Station Road from Route 130 to Home Drive; Autumn Drive from Shady Drive to McWilliams Road, and Shady Lane from Murrysville Road to Autumn Drive.
Folino Inc. of Oakmont won the bid to do complete pavement milling and repaving on Waugaman Road from Harrison City-Export Road to Hyland Road, and on Long Road from Route 130 to Seanor Road. That portion is expected to begin July 14.
“With PennDOT completing resurfacing projects on State Route 130 from Trafford to Jeannette and Route 993 from Route 130 to Manor Borough, and Westmoreland County continuing with the Harrison City-Export Road Bridge project, motorists are advised to use caution and give themselves plenty of time in order to drive slow and safely,” Graziani said.
Graziani also reminded motorists should use caution when driving near road workers through construction zones.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County adds 5 caseworker positions as child abuse cases increase
- Delmont man blogs about industrial history of region, exploring long-cold coke ovens
- PennDOT has to complete acquisition of 4 parcels, take down trees for New Stanton interchange on I-70
- Bids expected for demolition of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette
- Greensburg YMCA plans to restore front porch to 1913 look
- Youngwood officials to submit drawings to state agency that orders playground work stoppage
- Man’s body found in car in Forbes State Forest
- Geyer Performing Arts Center hosts AAFC production of ‘Murder on the Nile’
- Body found in North Huntingdon
- Union Cemetery plot owners, heirs of deceased sought to sort out details of ownership
- Latrobe police seek driver of red cargo van