Pitcairn woman accused of theft
An Allegheny County woman is accused of stealing steaks, salmon and shrimp from a Penn Township grocery store, police said.
Hope Thomas, 47, of Pitcairn, was seen Tuesday by an employee at the Giant Eagle store near Harrison City filling her bag with two salmon fillets, two packs of shrimp and four strip steaks and then attempting to leave the store without paying, police said. The items are valued at $227.
She is free on $10,000 bond. A July 22 preliminary hearing before Harrison City District Judge Helen Kistler is set.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- 40 years later, siblings of South Greensburg girl who disappeared still seek closure
- French and Indian War re-enactor Wilson commits to pioneer lifestyle in Murrysville cabin
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Greensburg streetlights to be updated, save city $90K
- Indiana County school employee allegedly showed 2 students an inappropriate photo
- Jeannette trudges through blight
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- Greater Latrobe board votes to buy athletic field, plans to build elementary school there
- Hempfield seeks candidates to fill supervisor’s seat