Pitcairn woman accused of theft
An Allegheny County woman is accused of stealing steaks, salmon and shrimp from a Penn Township grocery store, police said.
Hope Thomas, 47, of Pitcairn, was seen Tuesday by an employee at the Giant Eagle store near Harrison City filling her bag with two salmon fillets, two packs of shrimp and four strip steaks and then attempting to leave the store without paying, police said. The items are valued at $227.
She is free on $10,000 bond. A July 22 preliminary hearing before Harrison City District Judge Helen Kistler is set.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Honored Westmoreland youth counselor sought in theft of money from clients
- Ruffsdale family loses daughter, 9, to cancer but gives back in her name
- Kopas, citing poor state inspection, pushes to end deal for Westmoreland Manor operator
- Detaining juveniles charged as adults costs Westmoreland reimbursement money
- Greensburg YMCA pool upgrade in works
- Derry Township man killed when ATV flips
- Ligonier water shutoff delayed slightly
- Fire damages Mt. Pleasant house, occupants and 6 pets uninjured
- Scottdale man charged in robbery at car wash
- Ex-Ligonier Valley Midget Football treasurer Brewer accused of stealing $12K
- Ligonier equine facility breaks ground