Pitcairn woman accused of theft
An Allegheny County woman is accused of stealing steaks, salmon and shrimp from a Penn Township grocery store, police said.
Hope Thomas, 47, of Pitcairn, was seen Tuesday by an employee at the Giant Eagle store near Harrison City filling her bag with two salmon fillets, two packs of shrimp and four strip steaks and then attempting to leave the store without paying, police said. The items are valued at $227.
She is free on $10,000 bond. A July 22 preliminary hearing before Harrison City District Judge Helen Kistler is set.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Dope sick’ man in custody in Mt. Pleasant stick-up
- Online donors help Hempfield teen whose wallet was stolen
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- Numerous Westmoreland communities to observe Memorial Day
- Arnold man could get resisting arrest charge dismissed
- Mt. Pleasant to kick off Memorial Day with parade
- Westmoreland County Blind Association building brimming with activity
- Man killed after car leaves Route 819, veers through East Huntington parking lot
- Sewickley Township agrees to lease for land for playground
- Lawyers for convicted killer Smyrnes want info about death row
- Civil War soldier ready for Memorial Day debut in Greensburg