Pitcairn woman accused of theft
An Allegheny County woman is accused of stealing steaks, salmon and shrimp from a Penn Township grocery store, police said.
Hope Thomas, 47, of Pitcairn, was seen Tuesday by an employee at the Giant Eagle store near Harrison City filling her bag with two salmon fillets, two packs of shrimp and four strip steaks and then attempting to leave the store without paying, police said. The items are valued at $227.
She is free on $10,000 bond. A July 22 preliminary hearing before Harrison City District Judge Helen Kistler is set.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Greensburg torture killer Marinucci returns to court seeking lighter sentence
- 10 escape Greensburg house fire
- Rival Westmoreland vape shops develop own specialties
- Unity to decide July 9 on disputed gas station
- Three teens injured in one-vehicle crash in Hempfield
- 3 injured in crash that ties up Route 22 in Salem for nearly 8 hours
- St. Vincent professor, students use interviews for drug addiction data
- Exotic pet show held monthly in New Stanton
- Fire extinguished at Smithton commercial building
- Mt. Pleasant Borough’s ‘Party in the Park’ to be held Friday, July 3
- Mt Pleasant police officer assaulted while making arrest