Pitcairn woman accused of theft
An Allegheny County woman is accused of stealing steaks, salmon and shrimp from a Penn Township grocery store, police said.
Hope Thomas, 47, of Pitcairn, was seen Tuesday by an employee at the Giant Eagle store near Harrison City filling her bag with two salmon fillets, two packs of shrimp and four strip steaks and then attempting to leave the store without paying, police said. The items are valued at $227.
She is free on $10,000 bond. A July 22 preliminary hearing before Harrison City District Judge Helen Kistler is set.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Second phase of Westmoreland Airpark in Unity opens
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- House 58th District seat candidates focus on education, taxes
- Attorney: Indiana County suspect not fit for trial in fatal Derry shooting
- Pittsburgh man pleads guilty in Monessen shooting
- Unity rally aims to counter negativity of KKK message in ’97
- Trick-or-treat in Mt. Pleasant set for Sunday
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire