Driver injured, cited after 4-car crash on turnpike near Irwin
State police in New Stanton on Sunday released details from a four-car accident Thursday that involved a state trooper in a patrol car.
The accident occurred about 4:55 p.m. at mile marker 70.2 westbound between the New Stanton and Irwin interchanges, according to police.
According to an accident report, Alice V. Arnn, 25, of Hillsdale, Mich., was driving in the left lane, overtaking a truck operated by Dwayne E. Walker, 35, of Highland, Ind.
Police said Arnn lost control of her Honda Civic, and struck the left trailer tire/wheel of Walker's Peterbilt truck.
Arnn's car crossed the westbound lanes and struck the steel guide rail along the north shoulder, before striking the rear of a Ford Crown Victoria operated by Trooper Charles V. Pravlik, 47, of New Stanton.
The police car then was pushed into the rear of a car operated by Harsha Nalwaya, 27, of New York City.
Pravlik had previously stopped Nalwaya for a vehicle violation, according to the release.
Arnn, who sustained a minor injury because of her airbag deploying, did not require medical treatment, police said.
She was cited for careless driving.
No other injuries were reported.
Pravlik's marked car and one other vehicle had to be towed, but the roadway was not blocked, according to police.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Hempfield zoning board OKs variances for gas station, store
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Injuries reported in accident in Mt. Pleasant Township
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor