Driver injured, cited after 4-car crash on turnpike near Irwin
State police in New Stanton on Sunday released details from a four-car accident Thursday that involved a state trooper in a patrol car.
The accident occurred about 4:55 p.m. at mile marker 70.2 westbound between the New Stanton and Irwin interchanges, according to police.
According to an accident report, Alice V. Arnn, 25, of Hillsdale, Mich., was driving in the left lane, overtaking a truck operated by Dwayne E. Walker, 35, of Highland, Ind.
Police said Arnn lost control of her Honda Civic, and struck the left trailer tire/wheel of Walker's Peterbilt truck.
Arnn's car crossed the westbound lanes and struck the steel guide rail along the north shoulder, before striking the rear of a Ford Crown Victoria operated by Trooper Charles V. Pravlik, 47, of New Stanton.
The police car then was pushed into the rear of a car operated by Harsha Nalwaya, 27, of New York City.
Pravlik had previously stopped Nalwaya for a vehicle violation, according to the release.
Arnn, who sustained a minor injury because of her airbag deploying, did not require medical treatment, police said.
She was cited for careless driving.
No other injuries were reported.
Pravlik's marked car and one other vehicle had to be towed, but the roadway was not blocked, according to police.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Friends take to social media to recall Herminie teen
- Convicted killer won’t be freed in 1973 double-murder of children
- Ex-kennel manager in Fayette County ordered to pay fines
- MAX Environmental fined for ordinance violations
- Derry Area energy costs expected to rise
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Judge removes Zapatosky, Fayette County from civil rights suit
- Wanted: Youngwood Borough Council member
- Burglary, attempted assault at Rostraver bowling lanes investigated
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Razing of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette within reach with $1M grant