Driver injured, cited after 4-car crash on turnpike near Irwin
State police in New Stanton on Sunday released details from a four-car accident Thursday that involved a state trooper in a patrol car.
The accident occurred about 4:55 p.m. at mile marker 70.2 westbound between the New Stanton and Irwin interchanges, according to police.
According to an accident report, Alice V. Arnn, 25, of Hillsdale, Mich., was driving in the left lane, overtaking a truck operated by Dwayne E. Walker, 35, of Highland, Ind.
Police said Arnn lost control of her Honda Civic, and struck the left trailer tire/wheel of Walker's Peterbilt truck.
Arnn's car crossed the westbound lanes and struck the steel guide rail along the north shoulder, before striking the rear of a Ford Crown Victoria operated by Trooper Charles V. Pravlik, 47, of New Stanton.
The police car then was pushed into the rear of a car operated by Harsha Nalwaya, 27, of New York City.
Pravlik had previously stopped Nalwaya for a vehicle violation, according to the release.
Arnn, who sustained a minor injury because of her airbag deploying, did not require medical treatment, police said.
She was cited for careless driving.
No other injuries were reported.
Pravlik's marked car and one other vehicle had to be towed, but the roadway was not blocked, according to police.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WCCC fraternity helps fallen Ligonier officer’s family
- Westmoreland County Common Pleas candidates differ on judicial retirement age
- Police, the Diamond top Ligonier Borough issues
- Mt. Pleasant board looks at refinancing
- Jeannette considers trash fee increases
- West Newton officials, code officer clear the air
- Ligonier Valley takes proactive financial steps amid state budget stalemate
- Greensburg grocer Charley esteemed for his charity work
- Greensburg council OKs purchase of firetruck
- 4 vie for 3 seats on Latrobe City Council
- State woos Kennametal with $1M in incentives to stay in Pa.