No one injured in Bradenville house fire
No injuries were reported in a kitchen fire late Monday evening at a Bradenville residence.
The 11:10 p.m. blaze in a two-story house at 1220 High St. apparently started when someone was cooking, Bradenville Assistant Fire Chief Nick Piantine said Tuesday.
There was extensive damage to the house, where Piantine said at least two adults lived.
He wasn't sure where the residents were staying, but said American Red Cross services were not requested.
In addition to Bradenville, companies from Latrobe, Derry and Lloydsville responded to the scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- St. Vincent professor, students use interviews to refresh drug addiction data
- Hempfield Area balances budget with 1.79-mill tax increase
- Mt Pleasant police officer assaulted while making arrest
- Hempfield dentist-turned-missionary-turned-author offers advice for youths
- Route 119 ramp to Route 819 to be closed in July
- Former Mt. Pleasant sex offender to stay behind bars while wife hunts for home
- Fire extinguished at Smithton commercial building
- Westmoreland County coroner scheduled to announce ruling in fatal 2013 police standoff
- 14-day Pennsylvania Hero Walk ends in Lower Burrell
- Hempfield man pleads guilty in crime spree in North Huntingdon, Jeannette, Unity
- Judge approves $1.7 million sale of former Ligonier Valley school