Megan's Law offender charged in sex assaults in Greensburg
A Megan's Law offender has been charged with sexually assaulting three girls while living in Greensburg last year.
Pellegrino Fiore, 38, traveled to Montreal, Quebec, shortly after a warrant was issued for his arrest, police said.
He was arraigned Wednesday before Greensburg District Judge James Albert on 14 charges relating to three girls.
In 2013 he allegedly had repeated sexual contact with a 12-year-old girl, threatening to kill her if she reported the crime, according to court records
He allegedly exposed himself to a second victim, a high school student. He carried on a physical relationship last summer with a third victim, another high school student, court records show.
Fiore is a convicted sex offender. He pleaded guilty to unlawful contact with a minor, attempted corruption of minors, attempted indecent assault of a person younger than 16 and attempted statutory sexual assault in Fayette County in 2009.
He moved to Jonestown in Lebanon County before last year's incidents were reported. When state police in Lebanon County were informed in February that a sex offender had moved there without informing authorities, a warrant was issued for his arrest.
“He fled to Canada shortly after the incident was reported,” said Trooper Franklin Linn Jr.
Fiore told Albert on Wednesday that he had moved to Canada and had a permanent address there. He was arrested in Montreal by U.S. marshals and returned to Lebanon County April 2.
Finding him and bringing him back to Greensburg was challenging, said Greensburg City Detective Jerry Vernail.
“It was difficult. They did most of the work out east. ... They reported it there, it got referred back to here,” he said.
Fiore faces three counts each of indecent assault and aggravated indecent assault, four counts of corruption of minors, and one count each of indecent exposure, criminal use of a communication facility for using a cellphone to contact a victim, unlawful contact with a minor and terroristic threats.
Albert set Fiore's bond at $165,000. He was sent to Westmoreland County Prison and is scheduled for a preliminary hearing June 17.
Jacob Tierney is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-836-6646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Record-holding female motorcyclist to speak at Lincoln Highway event
- Survey finds no clear fix to achieving racial diversity in Westmoreland County
- Renovations a go on historic La Rose building in downtown Greensburg
- Westmoreland County Animal Response Team seeks money for new space
- Prison becomes detox center for growing number of inmates with addictions
- 10-year-old Blairsville violinist’s expulsion over knife challenged
- Man gets probation for sex with teen girl in New Kensington
- Hempfield prison film canceled because of Pa. budget impasse
- ‘Perfect’ skies draw big crowds to Westmoreland Fair
- North Carolina man sent nude photo to 8-year-old girl in Grapeville, police say
- Megan’s List offender charged with assault on 10-year-old Latrobe girl