Penn police charge third man in rash of vehicle thefts
Penn Township police charged a third man on Monday in connection with a recent rash of thefts from parked vehicles.
Chief John Otto said Justin Helfrich, 28, of North Huntingdon was arraigned on theft charges in connection with incidents that occurred between July 3 and 9 in the Cortina Marie housing plan.
Court documents indicate Helfrich admitted to stealing multiple items, including a Louis Vuitton purse and gift cards, from vehicles.
Last week, officials charged Andrew J. Kakol, 25, of Irwin with receiving stolen property and criminal conspiracy in connection with the thefts.
Earlier, police said they arrested Sebastian P. Weaver, 20, no address available, as he was breaking into a car.
Otto said Kakol, who was free on bond, was jailed on Saturday after officers stopped his motorcycle for a traffic violation and he was found in possession of a hypodermic needle.
Preliminary hearings are scheduled July 22 before Harrison City District Judge Helen Kistler.
Paul Peirce is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-850-2860 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ohio woman will be millionth passenger to fly out of Arnold Palmer airport
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Greensburg council expected to approve fire truck purchase
- Cancer fundraiser pays tribute to Donegal man
- 3 charged in Norfolk Southern safety device theft
- Westmoreland County candidate admits to summary offenses
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled
- Democrats go on offense in Westmoreland County commission debate
- New Geyer Choir hopes to hit high note at Scottdale theater
- Irwin class helps recovering addicts, families find peace through art