Fayette City man shoots himself before police could take him into custody
A Fayette County man shot himself in the head and died Monday afternoon, shortly after state police arrived at a Monessen residence to serve an arrest warrant on him, investigators said.
Jackie Lee Sabo, 37, of Fayette City, was pronounced dead at a Rostraver Street address by a Westmoreland County deputy coroner, according to state police at Belle Vernon.
Troopers and officers from the Monessen police department went to the residence and made contact with Sabo about 4:40 p.m.
Sabo shot himself a short time later, police said.
According to online court records, state police on July 3 filed charges of prohibited possession of firearm, terroristic threats, false imprisonment, simple assault and harassment against Sabo with District Judge Richard Kasunic II.
Investigation into the incident is continuing, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- Laurel Mountain ski plan needs more information, planners say
- Ligonier Township zoning officer resigns
- Former Penn-Trafford student put on house arrest for drug sales
- One-day lane restrictions set on Route 30 in North Huntingdon
- Rostraver woman, 91, injured in home invasion; 3 sought
- Ligonier Township wants more info on cell tower proposal
- Greensburg driver charged after ATV struck on rail tracks
- Latrobe Municipal Authority appeals DEP order
- Make A Difference Day is Saturday
- Line painting planned in Penn Township