Fayette City man shoots himself before police could take him into custody
A Fayette County man shot himself in the head and died Monday afternoon, shortly after state police arrived at a Monessen residence to serve an arrest warrant on him, investigators said.
Jackie Lee Sabo, 37, of Fayette City, was pronounced dead at a Rostraver Street address by a Westmoreland County deputy coroner, according to state police at Belle Vernon.
Troopers and officers from the Monessen police department went to the residence and made contact with Sabo about 4:40 p.m.
Sabo shot himself a short time later, police said.
According to online court records, state police on July 3 filed charges of prohibited possession of firearm, terroristic threats, false imprisonment, simple assault and harassment against Sabo with District Judge Richard Kasunic II.
Investigation into the incident is continuing, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 92-year-old Rostraver home invasion victim questioned by suspect in court
- Storm causes scattered power outages in central Westmoreland County, parts of Fayette County
- Witnesses describe Monessen homicide
- Unity planners OK hangar addition
- Greensburg expected to fill two vacancies
- Norvelt residents try to preserve community history’s link to Roosevelts
- Judge sentences Arnold man already serving time to prison on federal charges
- Pair charged with prostitution-related offenses in South Greensburg
- Trial in Monessen homicide of drug dealer nears start
- Jeannette council to consider change in rental ordinance
- Opening arguments set in Rostraver home invasion case