Fayette City man shoots himself before police could take him into custody
A Fayette County man shot himself in the head and died Monday afternoon, shortly after state police arrived at a Monessen residence to serve an arrest warrant on him, investigators said.
Jackie Lee Sabo, 37, of Fayette City, was pronounced dead at a Rostraver Street address by a Westmoreland County deputy coroner, according to state police at Belle Vernon.
Troopers and officers from the Monessen police department went to the residence and made contact with Sabo about 4:40 p.m.
Sabo shot himself a short time later, police said.
According to online court records, state police on July 3 filed charges of prohibited possession of firearm, terroristic threats, false imprisonment, simple assault and harassment against Sabo with District Judge Richard Kasunic II.
Investigation into the incident is continuing, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man gets probation for sex with teen girl in New Kensington
- Prison sentence extended for New Kensington man
- Ligonier Township equine facility breaks ground
- Children honor late Ligonier Township officer at Westmoreland Fair
- Trafford man sentenced for sex with teen
- Confederate memorabilia gets favorable attention at Westmoreland Fair
- Water shutoff set Tuesday for Wilpen area
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect Hribal to head to adult prison after Oct. 1
- Westmoreland Manor fined $4,250 by state
- Hempfield prison film canceled because of Pa. budget impasse
- 2 women held for trial in Fayette mobile home park shooting